What is WES Secondary verification?

Advice post:I got this Email from WES. What should I do? Does anyone have experience about WES secondary verification?

Please, DO NOT ADVICE BASED ON GUESSING OR COPY PASTE. UNLESS, IF YOU FACE THE SAME PROBLEM.**

"Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES).

We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid. Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents.

This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to North South University.Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Response times vary and can take just a few days or can extend to weeks. If we do not receive a response from the institution within seven weeks, we will automatically send another request. There is nothing that you need to do at this time. This communication is strictly between WES and the institution.Please note that you are responsible for the documents submitted under your name. If any document submitted under your name is found to be fraudulent, WES will not evaluate any other document you submitted. It is also WES policy not to issue a second evaluation report once an account has been closed due to fraudulent documentation.

For more information regarding the verification process, please review this article: https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/verification-status/

We appreciate your patience in allowing your former institution sufficient time to respond to our request.

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations"

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: Help me!!!

This simply means that your degree and other documents have been sent to your university for verification.

You do not need to take any action.

To add to Anil’s point, some universities are so lazy that they require you to follow up regularly, otherwise they wouldn’t care. You can check with your university if they have responded. Doesn’t hurt.

Hello, I was wondering if you received any response from WES after this email? I have recieved a similar email. What should i do?

You should follow up with your University to reply to WES request.

Hi, I have also got the same message after waiting for long 3 months from WES. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 I have requested a third party in India to get the attestations done from the University and send to WES in a sealed envelope as required. I do not know what went wrong with the documents (probably due to geo-political disturbances). I have given my masters exams through a distance education institution in India and I hope they are authentic (my hard earned PG) and the University gives clearance at some point of time.

However, in case WES says that the documents are fraudulent (may God forbid), they will not take up the verification of my graduation as well. In that case, what will be the repercussions on our immigration process? Do WES simply close our account or will they inform IRCC / immigration authorities or any other authorities automatically? In that case can’t we try immigration based on our other credentials like graduation degree (attended 3 years college after grade 12), diplomas, etc., or we will be banned completely from getting our process done, like blacklisting in Canada and India, etc. etc.

I am a self-employed person and hence my credentials do not add value for me.

Appreciate someone can guide me.
Thanx