Will Marriage Points reduce change after receiving invite?

Hello,
My job code is 261313 and presently I’m single. I am in 90 points for 189 visa, whereas 10 points for being single, hopefully if I get Invite in 6 months and thereafter if I marry unskilled spouse will it affect my grant.

And will my points be reduced from 90 to 80 since my spouse is unskilled.

Could you please help me out with this.

Once you have got the invite, your points are locked and if you can prove that you were unmarried at the time of invite, your points would not be reduced.

Hi @Anil.Gupta,

I am in the same situation. I am in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa and my gf is on a student visa.

My job code is 261313. We have been living together for less than a year. My EOI is at 90 points for 189 visa, with 10 points for being single.

I am hoping to get an invite soon. We would like to marry after lodging the 189 visa so that we both get PR at the same time.

The partner visa sponsorship will take about 20 months and I do not want her to wait that long. Whereas if I add her as a dependent on 189, it will be cheaper and quicker.

I consulted a migration agent and she advised that marrying after lodging the 189 visa would be viewed as misrepresentation as I was single when I got the invite.

Can you please let us know what is the best option for us?

Thank You

I have already given my answer above.

Thanks for your response. We are just worried that we are staying together and immigration might come back and say why we did not marry before lodging an invite as we had the chance?

If you apply as single… you have to stay single until you get your grant you can’t add any dependent or get married until then(if u do it will be a rejection). Think about it logically why would DHA give single points if they would allow you to just get married add a spouse after ur invite, it defeats the whole purpose of single points.

1 Like

@Zeon - Do you have any link to back this up? I am really confused :3

2 Likes

Hi @Guneet_Katlaria

Immigration cannot question as to why you did not get married before the ‘invite’. It is in your legal right to marry on a date and time of your choice.

They can only question as to why you mentioned single if you both were in ‘de facto’ relationship. Australia legally recognizes the pre-marital living together as a genuine relationship.

So, the onus is on you to prove it wrong or choose the correct relationship status in your EOI.

2 Likes

I called the DHA, They said I need to let them know of my relationship status as soon as it changes. For us, since we have only been living together for 5 months now, we are not in de-facto relationship and need not update the DHA. DHA told us we can marry after lodging the visa and add my partner as a dependent using form 1463.

This offers some relief to us. Thanks @Anil.Gupta for your answers. Your response was in line with what the DHA advised.

2 Likes

Hi @Anil.Gupta can you please share any evidence to back this up. I know what you said above was there before nov 16 I’m not sure it holds after nov 16 as well. Looking forward for a evidences where you saw this

@Anil.Gupta can you please respond there is some change today as i see in EOI

Posted on: 15/04/2020 at 10:58

Under the Department of Home Affairs policy, the relationship status of ‘engaged’ is considered ‘No Partner’ in SkillSelect. From 16 November 2019, 10 points are awarded to the category of ‘No Partner’. Please note, if you have selected ‘engaged’ in your EOI but include a partner in your visa application, you will likely be refused.

Hi @Amith_Naik

Please ask specific question. What do you want to know? The message that you have shared is clear.

Can i marry after invitation and before grant can i add spouse and So we both can get pr ( taking into account spouse doesn’t satisy any Nov 16 Rules) just adding her after invite will reduce my points and therefore visa application.

It seems that they will refuse the application if you add spouse after invitation and before getting grant.

@Anil.Gupta so I think we can still marry after invitation but before grant and add spouse as dependant correct?

Did you read all of it? Your understanding is wrong.

So please tell me

Whether now I can marry after invitation or its not at all possible before grant so that my visa will be refused for marriage ( considering I’m only talking wrt Australian pr stuff and nothing else). Yes marriage is a personal choice :blush:

hi sir. my situation is Im engaged claimed 10pts. but my non defacto fiance and child are NOT migrating with me. will there be a problem? but i Will be declaring them on form 80. please guide me.

What kind of problem are you thinking about?

Your question is not clear.