Work experience points

I am an offshore applicant of 190 visas, lodged in 2020. Now I want me to get married. Since the partner points are time of decision criterion I need to replace my points claimed as single. In my visa lodgment I have claimed 10 points with less than 8 years of experience. Now I have exceed the 8+ years of experience with same company and same job position. Can I claim 5 more points and make it 15 points ?

Can I replace my 10 points as 5 + 5 spouse English?

Since you have already lodged 190 visa application in 2020, you cannot play with your claimed points. Once the invitation is received and post visa lodgement, all the claimed points get locked.
Since you received 10 points for being single, you cannot get married until you get your visa grant and make your first entry in Australia. If you did decide to get married before your grant, your Visa application will be refused/cancelled.

Yes it is possible, only I need to maintain the total points as the invitation time. There is no requirement for the individual points test criteria assessed for the application to be identical to those estimated by SkillSelect when issuing the invitation. The factors that contribute to the assessed score may vary, as the s93 delegate assesses each factor in Schedule 6D. This is from the legislation.

I’m confused here, Have you already lodged your visa application or just waiting for an invitation for 190 visa?

Because if you have already lodged your visa application, I don’t know how can you just claim 5 more points for your work experience without getting that experience assessed by the relevant authority? More importantly, How will you EVEN claim these extra points when you have already lodged your visa?

I think you need a legal friend to take you through the complete Schedule 6D Legislation as cited in your previous reply because it seems you didn’t understand it properly.

Please read the below link if you are still not satisfied with my answer before risking a refusal on your visa application. Here you go.

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/losing-your-10-points-for-being-single/

Wish you luck!

Thank you for the detailed information. I hav already logged the visa March 2020 not waiting for the invitation. As you said before I can’t claim 5 more points for work experience but is it possible to add natti 5 points and spouse English 5 points and replace the 10 points claimed as single? I can add these points within a couple of months (after the 1 year of visa lodging) is it acceptable?

I think you are not reading my replies properly! Please scroll up and read them again.

After lodging a skilled visa application, you cannot make ANY changes in the points ON WHICH YOU RECEIVE AN INVITATION.
Also, try to understand that you claimed points for being SINGLE and you cannot just get married after visa lodgement and add your spouse in the application. Please read the conditions of when and how you can claim Partner points in that schedule 6D which you cited.

In a nutshell (Just to close this discussion), you cannot get married until you get your visa grant and make your first entry in Australia. If you did decide to get married before your grant, your Visa application will be refused/cancelled.

Hi pooja

Need your valuable advise regarding Australia immigration. How to contact you directly

Hi Parinita,

You can post your queries on the forum and we will be happy to answer.

Hello!!

Is it the the same case if I change from defacto to single before visa lodgement? I claimed 10 points from defacto but if I change to single it will be same points I received the invitation to apply and would like to change my marital status before lodging the visa. Is this possible? Thank you

Hi mate did you have the visa yet