Wrong EAD Extension End Date. H4 Extension is pending

Hello Anil,
I had this weird scenario where the H4 EAD Extension came back with the same expiry date.

Current H4 EAD - Expires 07/31/2020
New H4 Ead Valid from 04/10/2020 to 07/31/2020
H1B Valid from Employer (Extension approved for 3 years)- 07/31/2023

H4 Extension (I539) is STILL pending( Status: Fingerprints fee received)

I am not sure if the pending H4 Extension resulted in no extension of EAD.
I sent approved H1b with my H4 EAD extension documents.

I contacted USCIS office and they told me to send new card with documents with a letter explaining this issue.
Do I need to send form-i765 with this bundle also?

What has USCIS really suggested you to do? Can you explain?

USCIS told me to send new EAD card with the incorrect date along with documents with a letter explaining this issue.

You can send the new form but i don’t think its required.

Thanks Anil. I just sent the required documents with letter. On May 4th, status got updated as " Card Was Received By USCIS Along With My Letter". Will update once I get any response from USCIS.

Status Details:
On May 4, 2020, we received your card for Receipt Number ************, with a letter from you. We are reviewing your submission, and will mail you a notice, if necessary.

1 Like

Hello Heena,

Do you have any further updates? I have similar situation. I had applied for H4 visa extension and H4 EAD extension together. I received my H4EAD card before H4 visa extension approval. New H4EAD received with older date.
Today i sent original ead card, h1b 797 , h4 797 with letter explaining mistake.

Could you please tell me what happened in your case? did they accept your request and made necessary corrections? Once you send documents, how did you know that they received your document? how did you get your new receipt number? Or did you apply for fresh H4 ead application?

thanks for your reply in advance,

Hello Sanjay,
Sorry for the late reply. I recently got my EAD card. Please find the event sequence below for my case:

1. Received EAD with wrong date. (H4 exension was pending)

2. Raised Expedite Request but denied b/c biometric was not done for my H4.

3. Previous EAD expired and lost my job.

4. USCIS office started accepting biometric appointment in August.

5. Had my biometric done on 24 August 2020.

6. Within 4 days H4 got approved. 27th Aug, 2020.

7. 28th August, new EAD got approved.

8. Received both my H4 and EAD on Sept 3, 2020. End date is correct on my new card.

Within a time frame of 2 weeks, things got done very quickly.

Hope this helps.

Answers to your questions:

Could you please tell me what happened in your case?
My h4 and EAd got approved with new end date as per my husband’s H1B.

Did they accept your request and made necessary corrections?
No, my expedite request was denied. As my H4 extension was pending. I filed h4 ext with H1B and EAD separately.

Once you send documents, how did you know that they received your document?
Case status was updated. Document received with letter.

how did you get your new receipt number? Or did you apply for fresh H4 ead application?
I did not apply for new EAD appication. Receipt number was not changed. I just sent my EAD card (wrong end date) with H1B copy and a letter explaining the situation.

What was the turn around time from sending your card . Also was the approval notice also updated with new end date.

Hello @anil_am22

This query is regarding my H4 EAD
The extension came back with the same expiry date as my old H4 which is pending approval.

New H4 Ead Valid only until 3rd Sep 2021
Spouse H1B got approved recently (Extension approved for 3 years)- 8th June 2024

H4 Extension is still pending ( Status: Case received)
I am not sure if the pending H4 Extension resulted in no extension of EAD.

I’m not sure if I should resubmit a new I-765 for extension or send it as a typographical error along with the approved H1B notice and other relevant documents.
I tried calling USCIS but no luck.
Could you please advise. I also lost 8 months waiting for the EAD card which has just 2 more months validity.

Thanks & Regards,
Vrandha

Which H1B and H4 receipt numbers did you use with H4 EAD application?

Unfortunately, you will have to apply again to get a new extended date.