Analyst Programmer ANZSCO 261311 Chance of invite

Thank you Anil for the reply.

I got my EOI raised for 261311 at the end of May, 2019 with 80 points (75 + 5 points for spouse) by my agent and strictly told them that I do not want to go with 190 for now but they still applied for QLD and did not even inform me. Now, last Thursday I have got pre-invite from QLD and that’s when I got to know about this incident.

I only have 7-8 more days to submit my documents for QLD and while checking the sites, I could only find few jobs (2-3 current openings) which are relevant to my primary skill set in QLD. My current company does have its presence in Brisbane but again getting job related to my primary skillset through that will also be a question and can be only answered once I have Visa in my hand.

Victoria and NSW does have many openings currently as well. But:

• these situations may change by the time I will get my Visa
  • Even if I apply for Victoria right now, I might miss the QLD option as there is no guarantee that invite will come within these 7-8 days.
  • As per new rules, NSW is no more an option for us as it will need 1 yr of NSW exp.

Considering the current situation, I am planning for the below:

• Apply for QLD pre-invite. Most likely they will take 3-4 weeks to review them and approve or reject. If it is accepted, I will get 2 months to submit my documents.

• This would mean I would get to see atleast 2 draws - Nov and Dec 2019

• If I get invite for 189 in Nov or Dec then I’ll go with 189 else will proceed with 190 - QLD

Questions:

1. Can you please suggest if it is a wise decision.
  2. If I choose to live in Brisbane in QLD, can I pick job anywhere in QLD or it has to be in Brisbane only
  3. If I get 190-QLD Visa, is it that my dependent can also work and live in QLD only or can he live and work anywhere in Australia and my daughter can stay with him. [Please note: I am claiming spouse points as well]
  4. Can I work for any company outside QLD or Australia (like companies in US, Canada, India, Victoria, Sydney etc.) remotely from Brisbane on 190 visa
  5. Can I do freelancing from home (in Brisbane) till the time I do not get a job
  6. Also, a generic question for 190 Visa - if we do not get a job for the occupation we have applied for and have got Visa, can we look for job for any other occupation (like Business Analyst, Scrum Master, QA etc.) as they are all IT jobs at the end and we need to be in a state for atleast 2 years.

Sorry for asking so many queries, but these would help me to take decision for 190 option.

Thanks in advance.

Shruti

Hi @Shruti_Sharma

I must say that you have articulated your question in the best way possible. I have not seen such explanation earlier on this forum. I appreciate it.

Given the current situation of invites, I think you have a good plan. It is better to go ahead with the QLD invite.

You can stay anywhere in state QLD and not necessarily in Brisbane. If your full family is part of the same QLD invited application, then they all will get same state sponsored PR.
You all will have to live and work in that state for at-least 2 years.

You can work remotely for any company while stating in Brisbane. As long as you pay Australian taxes, i think you should be able to meet the state PR conditions.

You can work in any field in Australia once you have got PR. You can even drive a taxi if you want.

Hi Anil,

I have only files for 189 and Victoria 190. Are there other states(QLD etc) open to offshore applicants under Analyst Programmer category. For 190, I am scoring 85 points now.

Regards,
Amit

You can select all states. Whichever state opens your job code, they might invite you.

Thank you Anil for the inputs. Really appreciate your efforts.

1 Like

Thanks Anil, I heard that even for Victoria state sponsorship they are asking offer letter Can i apply from India without having any Victoria Offer?. please Confirm.

Hi @Kumar123

You can select ‘Victoria’ as an option in your SkillSelect EOI. They will send nomination only if you are eligible as per the job demands in Victoria.

I am not sure if the offer letter criteria has been officially added to Victoria’s terms yet.

Thanks Anil for confirmation, I checked the website for my job code(261311) they are not asking job offer for Victoria Sponsership.
After November 16 Rules i will get 80 points with state sponsorship for Victoria, Could you pls tell me when can i expect invitation?

Chances of invite are good but I can’t estimate it for state. States do not share any invite data.

Hi,

I have submitted my EOI with 80 points in 189 and 85 in 190(for VIC) in Sep 2019 under 261311 as analyst programmer, I also have 1yr of work exp in VIC but I have not included partner points, what are my chances of invite after Nov 2019 change?

Thanks,
Nitu

Hi @Nitu_Sharma
You have good chance of invite after Nov 2019 with 80 points. I can’t estimate state invites.

Thanks for helping me with my query.

Hi Anil,

I submitted my EOI on July 27th 2019 with 75 points under subclass 189. I updated with my spouse acs + pte and my DOE is 31st Oct. I’m with 80 points now. Both of us fall under the same job code 261311. After the Nov points system change, my EOI will be with 85 points right? In the current trend do we have a chance of invite?. Also, I’m turning 33 in August 2020 :slightly_frowning_face:.

I answered it for other person the other day. I guess if you had read it, then you would have got the answer:

Thanks much for your reply👍

Hi @prathish2000

You have good chance of NSW invite.

Hi Anil,

Skill Assessment in 261311 - Analyst Programmer.

Can I apply for 190 Victoria? If yes, I’ll be sitting on 80 points.

Also, could you please advise the estimate the invites for 189 with 75 points? (10 single points added) EOI Lodged in September.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Nikhita

Chance of invite are low with 75/80 points. I suggest to increase points to 80/85 to have any realistic chance.

@Anil.Gupta After Nov 16 changes i have 85 points for 189 with DOE as 20/05/2019 for the code 261311. What are the chances of invite before July-20. Since my ACS is getting expired in July, am little worries. You inputs would really make me feel better.

Hi @shanbe11

85 points have good chance of invite in Dec or Jan draw.