Extend Australia PR Initial Entry Date - Questions & Answers

Hi Anil,


Me and my husband have Australia PR subclass 189, whose IED is 29 July 2020. I have 5 month daughter, who is not included in our PR. Now due to corona I am facing difficulty in getting birth certificate and Passport for my daughter. This is delaying the application of child Visa for her.
I have written mail to skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au, stating my reason to extend IED. But, I got an automated response from their side, which is not clear to me, and nowhere it is talking about extending my IED.
It would be a great help if you could help me in this regard.

My situation is similar. My IED is Nov 25,2020 but since I’m a teacher, I can only travel during the summer holidays. The automated reply when I wrote to skilled.support is the following:
Unable to travel to Australia (Initial Entry Date)

If you have been granted one of the below visas and you are unable to make your first entry into Australia by the date specified in your Grant Notification letter due to the travel restrictions currently in place due to COVID-19, please refer to the attached Information for First Entry to Australia.

Generally you will be able to arrive in Australia after the initial entry date, as long as it is before the “Must not arrive after date” specified in your visa Grant Notification letter. You do not need to be granted an “extension” to your initial entry date or visa.

The attached notice should be sufficient evidence for a travel provider to be satisfied that the visa holder can enter Australia as the holder of a Skilled visa. Visa holder(s) may wish to carry a copy of this notice to present to the airline when checking in at the airport and on arrival into Australia. Please note that some delays may be encountered upon arrival into Australia while visa validity is verified.

§ Skilled Independent (subclass 189)

§ Skilled Nominated (subclass 190)

§ Skilled Regional (subclass 489)

§ Skilled Work Regional (subclass 491)

We cannot extend the validity period of your visa. If your Skilled Migration visa ceases and you have not entered Australia you will need to apply for another visa.

You can check visa details and conditions through Visa Entitlement Verification Online system (VEVO).

If you hold a Business Skills or Distinguished Talent visa please send an email to: business.skills.adelaide@homeaffairs.gov.au

This office cannot assist with, and will not respond to, facilitation requests for other visa subclasses and you will need to contact the office that granted that visa.

If you hold a Skilled—Recognised Graduate visa ( subclass 476 ) please send an email to: sa.temporary.graduate@homeaffairs.gov.au

Can you advise with regards to this?