Extend Australia PR Initial Entry Date - Questions & Answers

Hi Anil,

Greetings!!!

Me and my husband have Australia PR subclass 189, whose IED is 29 July 2020. I have 5 month daughter, who is not included in our PR. Now due to corona I am facing difficulty in getting birth certificate and Passport for my daughter. This is delaying the application of child Visa for her.
I have written mail to skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au, stating my reason to extend IED. But, I got an automated response from their side, which is not clear to me, and nowhere it is talking about extending my IED.
It would be a great help if you could help me in this regard.

My situation is similar. My IED is Nov 25,2020 but since I’m a teacher, I can only travel during the summer holidays. The automated reply when I wrote to skilled.support is the following:
Unable to travel to Australia (Initial Entry Date)

If you have been granted one of the below visas and you are unable to make your first entry into Australia by the date specified in your Grant Notification letter due to the travel restrictions currently in place due to COVID-19, please refer to the attached Information for First Entry to Australia.

Generally you will be able to arrive in Australia after the initial entry date, as long as it is before the “Must not arrive after date” specified in your visa Grant Notification letter. You do not need to be granted an “extension” to your initial entry date or visa.

The attached notice should be sufficient evidence for a travel provider to be satisfied that the visa holder can enter Australia as the holder of a Skilled visa. Visa holder(s) may wish to carry a copy of this notice to present to the airline when checking in at the airport and on arrival into Australia. Please note that some delays may be encountered upon arrival into Australia while visa validity is verified.

§ Skilled Independent (subclass 189)

§ Skilled Nominated (subclass 190)

§ Skilled Regional (subclass 489)

§ Skilled Work Regional (subclass 491)

We cannot extend the validity period of your visa. If your Skilled Migration visa ceases and you have not entered Australia you will need to apply for another visa.

You can check visa details and conditions through Visa Entitlement Verification Online system (VEVO).

If you hold a Business Skills or Distinguished Talent visa please send an email to: business.skills.adelaide@homeaffairs.gov.au

This office cannot assist with, and will not respond to, facilitation requests for other visa subclasses and you will need to contact the office that granted that visa.

If you hold a Skilled—Recognised Graduate visa ( subclass 476 ) please send an email to: sa.temporary.graduate@homeaffairs.gov.au

Can you advise with regards to this?

…Hi @anil_am22 : .
I got this automated email from skilled migration aftert sending an email regarding IED extension due to pregnant wife.

Is this a valid facilitation letter?

==============================
FACILITATION NOTICE - FOR SKILLED MIGRATION VISAS HOLDERS

This information is only for holders of one of the following Skilled visas
 Skilled Independent (subclass 189)
 Skilled Nominated (subclass 190)
 Skilled Regional (subclass 489)
 Skilled Work Regional (subclass 491)
 Skilled Work (subclass 887)
 Global Talent / Distinguished Talent (subclasses 124 and 858)
If you were outside Australia when you were granted one of the above Skilled visas then your visa grant was subject
to visa Condition 8504 which provides that:
The holder must enter Australia as the holder of the visa to which the condition applies before a date specified by the
Minister.
This condition requires that each visa holder must make their first entry into Australia before the “For first entry,
arrive by” date specified in the “Grant Notification” letter.
Skilled Migration is aware there will be circumstances when you and/or family members (who were granted a visa as
part of your application) may not be able to comply with this condition, for example due to global travel restrictions.
Generally we will not seek to cancel a Skilled Migration visa where the only reason for doing so would be breach of
Condition 8504.
Visa Validity Period
If you are not able to make your first entry into Australia before the “For first entry, arrive by” date you can use this
Notice when you travel to Australia during the validity period of your visa. Information about your visa validity period is
specified in the “Grant Notification” letter, as the “Must not arrive after date”. Generally, visa holders will be
permitted to make their first entry into Australia at any time before the “Must not arrive after” date.
We cannot extend the validity period of your visa, and if your Skilled visa ceases for any reason then you cannot use
this notice to enter Australia as the holder of this visa.

Travelling to Australia
You should carry a copy of this notice when travelling. You may need to show it to your travel provider or the
airline when checking in at the airport, and to the border officer on arrival in Australia.
This notice should be sufficient evidence for a travel provider to be satisfied that the visa holder can enter Australia as
the holder of a Skilled Migration visa. If you show this letter to the airline, but still have a problem checking-in for your
flight, ask the airline representative to contact the Australian Border Operations Centre (BOC) to resolve the issue.
Before arranging travel to Australia you should refer to the Department’s website for current information about travel
restrictions due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. See: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
You can only enter Australia while the visa mentioned above is valid. Information about your visa validity period is
contained in your visa grant notification. You can check your visa details in VEVO: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/vevo
Children born outside of Australia
A child born outside of Australia (where neither parent is an Australian citizen) must hold an Australian passport or a
valid visa before they can travel to Australia. For more information please refer to:
Immigration and citizenship Website
Issued by Skilled Program Delivery SA - General Skilled Migration May 2021