H4 EAD receipt notice delay

Hi,

I sent my H4 EAD renewal (I-765) on Oct 12, 2020 via Fedex and the package was delivered on Oct 14th. It’s been almost 3 weeks and I haven’t received the receipt notice yet and the check hasn’t been cashed. It only took me 2 days to get the receipt number last time.

I tried to call USCIS but failed and couldn’t find any email. Is there any way to contact them or is it normal during this time that there’s some delay?

And is there anyone else facing the same issue?

Thanks a lot!

@bharathi in the same situation, h4/ead lockbox processing seems to be slow. mine was also delivered on 14th, and they assigned the recpt #s on 27th and i got the notices for kids. still waiting for wife’s h4 and ead recpt notices. they cashed my both checks on 29th. so i think there is delay on EAD side since I got h4 recpts for kids.

1 Like

Refer to the above - USCIS acknowledged the delays and looks like ETA is 30 days - you can drop an email to

lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov

below is the standard response that I received -

Thank you for contacting Lockbox Support.

If your inquiry is not related to a form received at the lockbox, is not a general question related to the lockbox or has been forwarded to a USCIS Center for further processing, you will not receive a response beyond this reply.

Inquiries related to a form received at the lockbox or general questions related to the lockbox, should receive a response within 30 business days, with the following exception:

An inquiry related to a receipt notice for Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence or I-829, Petition by Investor to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status will not be addressed, as those notices are not printed by the lockbox.

The Lockbox has recently experienced a significant increase in filings. This, in addition to the restrictions put in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic is causing significant delays for processing receipt notices. USCIS continues to work hard to minimize delays.

Duplicate requests for status and updates will not receive a response.

For additional information and guidance, visit our USCIS website. Our website provides current forms, filing instructions and fee guidance at no charge.

For inquiries unrelated to lockbox processing, please refer to the guidance on the USCIS Contact Center and USCIS Tools web pages to request assistance.

The Lockbox Support Team

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

FYI - I received my receipt today.

Received at Dallas Lockbox - 12/01
Check cashed and SMS received on - 12/23

The case received date is showing as received on 12/01 which is good

Hi @Binoy_Ben @Muthukumar1979
Would be helpful if you can share recent updates on your case. I am waiting for receipt notice from 9th November. Even dropped an email to lockbox support bt haven’t received any response.

Thanks!!

Same here. No updates. I have sent one more mail to them but no reply. Tried to call customer care but it not allowing mento connect to the representative.

@Benimm @bharathi I just wanted to check if all of you have received the receipt notice. If yes, how long is it taking nowadays? ANy insight will be greatly appreciated.
My H4 EAD documents were received about 4 weeks ago but I am yet to get any message or mail.

I have got the below reply from lockbox support after two months but no information on my receipt notice for I765.

“ Good day,

The Lockbox has recently experienced a significant increase in filings. This, in addition to the restrictions put in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic is causing significant delays for processing receipt notices. USCIS continues to work hard to minimize delays. Once your submission has been completely processed, you will receive a notice in the mail. If you do not receive a notice within the next 30 business days, please contact Lockbox Support for additional details.”

The fee for EAD 765 got deducted from my credit card today and it is the pending transaction. so I think I will be getting the receipt notice by next week or I may be able to find it once the credit card transaction is posted.

1 Like

How you ll find receipt # in statement ?

It was not there in the bank account transaction. I have got a text message on my phone the next day with the receipt number. I have added the G-1145 form along with the application and I will be getting notifications for the receipt status changes

I filed my application end of Dec. Haven’t yet received the recepit!
Has anyone received the receipt notice?

Mine was delivered on 9th November, m still waiting :sob:. This is really very frustrating
@swn

This is really frustrating. We can’t do anything unless we get one. They say the delay is 4-6 weeks. Is there anyone who got a receipt?

No updates for me. Applied for H4/EAD at start of Nov 2020. No receipt yet.

I received my receipt notice today.

I submitted by EAD application in Jan 2nd week. Still waiting for the receipt.

1 Like

I am in the same boat , my package was received on JAN-11 and no receipt or check had not been cleared . Just wait and hope good !

1 Like

Hi, same here, I applied for my EAD on Jan 2nd week, and still no receipt, nor check has been cleared.

Its taking an average of 90 days to get receipt these days.

Its painfully slow process.