How many days will it take to get GC after PD gets current in Final Action Dates

I would like to know how many days will it take to get the GC application approved after PD date becomes current in Final Action Dates.

5 Likes

This depends on when you get the medical RFE. I got my RFE in March last week this year, medical submited mid April and my date got current in May. My case status was I485 approved on 25th May, GC shipped on 29th May and I received my GC in June 1st week.

4 Likes

So, in a nutshell, barring the USCIS workload and number of pending cases, they usually approve the Green card i485 in about 1 month of the date getting current if they have the medical ready in the person’s file.

@Kalpesh_Dalwadi Lot of people are asking if the GC interview was waived off for you?

If yes, then do you think it happened simply because of COVID lockdowns or it happened for most employment based i485? Any idea?

3 Likes

What about interview before GC? Don’t you have to attend an interview before issuing GC? Can that be waived?

1 Like

Hi, did you get EAD (and when) or directly GC?

2 Likes

@anil_am22 , no interview for me. This has been going since last year and many people I know had no interview due to covid and the fact that this year and next year, USCIS will need to use the quota+spillover, looks like this is going to be the new normal moving forward at least till end of 2022 albeit they have not put any official statement re: the approach.

Frankly speaking, USCIS should get rid of interview for EB as it doesn’t really make sense. I mean what kind of questions they will ask to EB candidates when they already have all the details they want in their database already.

USCIS is testing a new service called zoom for government to do remote interview so lets see if they go back to doing interviews for EB candidates in distant future.

4 Likes

Hi Nitin,
Seems like USCIS is not processing EAD/AP and are fully focused on issuing GC as fast as they can. So I think people who will have their dates current at this point or by September this year should not expect EAD/AP, instead USCIS will issue them GC which is really a good news.
I applied AOS/EAD/AP in October last year and my case status for EAD/AP never changed beyond ‘Case was received’. Same happened to lot of people whom I know and who applied between last October to December time frame.

3 Likes

No interview for EB to speed up issuing GC and avoid wastage. No interview is going on since last year.

3 Likes

Appreciate you replying to our queries Kalpesh !! All the best buddy… our status also shows “case received” even though biometrics is done, but nothing beyond that… so hoping we get our GCs soon !!

1 Like

What was your PD @Kalpesh_Dalwadi , also were you in eb2 or eb3 and was it approved when you filed your 485? It would be very helpful if you summarize your key milestones and share it with the community. And happy that you got your GC! Cheers!

3 Likes

My PD was Nov 2010 EB2. I did downgrade in March 2019 as EB3 was moving ahead but at that time nobody knew we will end up with covid and it will be blessings in disguise!
So when the DOF movement happened in October 2020, I filed AOS/EAD/AP in EB3. Got biometric in March 1st week, got RFE for medical in last week of March, submitted medical mid April and my PD got current in May bulletin. 25th May case status for I485 was showing approved , 26th May case status was your card is being printed, 29th May case status was card shipped with tracking # and received the GC on 4th June.

4 Likes

Thanks. Super helpful info!

2 Likes

QQ-Did you get the Medical RFE before the date was current ?

3 Likes

Yes, please refer the timelines. I have a colleague who filed in EB1 in December last year and EB1 got current in April this year. He received his biometric in last week of March but still haven’t received medical RFE. This may be just because USCIS seems processing cases based on when they were received and the sheer no.
of applications before his.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed information. Would be great if you can please share you service center. Thanks again.

2 Likes

NBC at Lee’s Summit, MO.

2 Likes

Also, medical exam- did you have to take vaccines/shots (assuming you didn’t have the copies from India) or just a statement / judgement from Doctor helped in avoiding them ? Thanks

TDAP & MMR are the most common being administered if you don’t have vaccine record. They administer both at same time and do physical exam. They will also take blood & urine sample for drug test and communicable diseases like TB, Syphilis & Gonorrhea.

3 Likes

Hello @Kalpesh_Dalwadi What was your USCIS Notice/Receipt date please? Thanks

4 Likes

USCIS Notice/Receipt date 22nd October 2020.

3 Likes