How many days will it take to get GC after PD gets current in Final Action Dates

@Kalpesh_Dalwadi - congrats for your GC. Thanks for great roundup on timings. I have few questions as below -

1. If the one does not have vaccination record from India - then how does that go?
  2. You mentioned “TDAP & MMR are the most common being administered if you don’t have vaccine record. They administer both at same time and do physical exam.” - by this you mean - US doctor where we will be going for physical exam for GC will give you TDAP and MMR shots at the same time and then give you records for it?
  3. Do we get the preferred US physician list for these shots and physical exam?
  4. Do we get the reports in our hands or is being directly sent to USCIS?

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I already mentioned that in case you don’t have the record Doctor will recommend to administer TDAP & MMR. They will ask you if you already had chicken pox which is common in India. If yes, then they will skip Varicella.
Doctors know that vaccines like BCG, Polio, small pox and MMR are commonly administered in India so even if you don’t have record, it is ok. Check out page 12 on I693 which has a complete list of vaccines. Except MMR & TDAP (that the Doctor will administer you), Doctor will check the box ‘Not Age Appropriate’ for rest of the vaccines.

You can schedule with your nearest USCIS approved doctor from below link.

The doctor’s office will provide the I693 duly filled, signed and sealed in a cover (one I693 per applicant) and a copy for your record. You will need to ship the sealed cover along with the pink RFE letter to the address in the letter.

1 Like

Hi @Rajeev_Gupta2

Things will be smooth and easy if you can get any doctor in India to write the vaccination record for you as mentioned here.

1 Like

Thanks Anil. Appreciate your response.

1 Like

Thanks @Kalpesh_Dalwadi for your elaborate response. Appreciate it.

Thank you Everyone for all your replies. I hope i will hear some good news soon.

@Kalpesh_Dalwadi
What center was your case sent (and processed, if different from where it was sent) ?
USCIS processing times are varying based on where its being processed.

thanks for sharing all the details, very helpful indeed !!

Did your PD become current in May (June VB) or May VB? Thanks

1 Like

My PD became current in May VB.

1 Like

Mine was sent and processed at Lee’s Summit, MO.

1 Like

thanks @Kalpesh_Dalwadi !

1 Like

Hello , Greetings , @Kalpesh_Dalwadi Are you saying , you got the RFE for medicals even before your dates were current ? I am on EB3 Nov 2011 PD , which became current in July 2021 bulletin today - I already have received the EAD/AP - Wondering when will I now get the medical RFE and in interview date - Heard from a friend , there are people who are waiting for their interview dates for more than a year after being current , any inputs on this ?

1 Like

Yes.

None of my colleagues and friends who did downgrade and filed concurrently in Oct last year have received AP/EAD including myself. I had a feeling that USCIS is focused on processing I485 & GC rather than issuing AP/EAD if the date will be current in few months for an applicant. But may be that is not true.

I think this depends on your receipt date as USCIS seems processing in FIFO fashion.

I have not heard this from any known person in my group. In fact on some forums people have posted that they had no interview for their GC last year and it is expected same till at least Oct 2022.

1 Like

Thanks a ton , My 485 receipt date is Oct 14 2020 , Would you/anyone know what date are they processing right now ?

1 Like

Hi Kalpesh,
I don’t think there is I-485 Processing center in Lee’s Sunmit MO. It’s a main office of NBC. All NBC I-485 applications are processed in Applicant’s State USCIS. Can you please let me know which State you are from?

Thanks.

Colorado. All communication happened with the NBC at 850 NW Chipman Rd Suite 5000, Lee’s Summit, MO.

1 Like

This is not strictly FIFO based. I know colleagues/Friends who applied in Oct/Nov and got their EADs by March (same month biometric and EAD) and I also know a very close friend who filed in early October but hasn’t heard anything yet from TSC.

1 Like

Beating the same thing here.
I am EB2 - India - May 16,2011 . Got current this week .
Would send documentation for I-485/I-765/I-131 including Medicals
There are very few of us (May 16 - June 1,2011 EB2 India) who did not downgrade last year and have patiently waited for the Real GC dates to become current .

Question : Optimistically , when can I expect GC Card in hand ?

I guess you may be right, seems totally random.

This is anybody’s guess but assuming you submit 485 with medical in 1st week of July, I am guessing you will get your GC by end of December this year.

You may not want to spend extra $$ for I765/I131 if you don’t intend to change your job or travel in next 12 months.

3 Likes