How to file H4 EAD, Documents, Form i765 (New / Renewal Process)

Hi Anil,

My I-129 and my wife’s I-539 were submitted last week. Can I now submit I-765 for my wife mentioning the receipt number I got for my I-129?

Apply H4 EAD while H1B or H4 Extension is Pending - USA Apply H4 EAD while H1B or H4 Extension is Pending - USA

Hi @anil_am22
My I-140 just got approved.
I am planning to file H1B extension in premium along with H4 extension and new H4 EAD application.

Would filing all 3 concurrently help expedite the H4 and H4 EAD cases as well? My spouse who is on H4 needs to travel to India in Feb 2022, hence not sure if I need to wait for H4 EAD and apply for it once she comes back from her travel.

I applied for my wife’s H4 EAD application and my package got a return fee also not deducted for this reason.
Asking for ( 1-485 proof), for the Eligibility category of ( C09 )… I realized that I entered wrong number instead of ( C26 ) I entered a different number… with green colored paper…

How to refile and update them this application for ( C26 ) not ( C09 )…

Please provide your valuable suggestions…

No.

H4 EAD and H4 can keep processing while your spouse travel to India, assuming your spouse has valid H4 visa.

1 Like

Just fill out a new I765 and resend the packet.

I am in same problem, what is the status we have to write for Q25, your 3rd question answer?

Hi, My wife has gotten her H4 Extension approved. Which I 94 number should I use in her H4 EAD application ??. One from her I-797 or old I-94 from CBP website which admit until date is expired.

Use the I-94 from her I-797.

Hello, Can you please advise me which option I need to select in the EAD filing form?

I’ve lost First-time EAD two years back, Haven’t reapplied since I went to India. Now it’s time to renew H4. Should i go with the initial filing option or replacement option?

Can you please help What should we enter in section 21.b (Passport number of your most recently issued passport),21.d and 21.e if passport got renewed after coming to USA and I-94 was updated based on old passport record.(Can’t retrieve I-94 history for new renewed passport in USA).Thanks for suggestion…

Thanks for all the Help!

Question - H1 holder currently works for company A with Approved I140 (Not yet been 6 month from approval), also H4 approval is present against company A H1 (Expiry Date 7/31/2023).

H1 Holder also has approved I797 as well with Employer B also approved H4
with expiry Date 7/31/2024. But H1 holder has not yet joined Employer B. Plans to join Employer B after I140 6 months .

H1 holder still works for Company A, Can we apply H4EAD with the H4 approval notice from company B as that has longer expiry date ?
Also which H1 I797 receipt number (Company A or Company B(latest)) should be mentioned on Question 29 in I765 while applying H4EAD ?

Any help is highly appreciated .

Hello @Som , did you fill pnt:29 with “Filed Concurrently” and got approvals? Do we need to add any additional information in Part 6?

Hi,

Can you please help me with below situation

I got my h1b approved till dec 2025 and I have I 140 approved
My spouse h4 ead expiry date is December 31st 2022
H4 applied and got approved yesterday [ still didn’t received the approval letter to my mail]
Can I apply for h4 ead now and will my spouse be eligible for automatic 540 days h4 ead extension or not if i apply before 31st december2022. Should my spouse need to travel to Mexico for automatic extension) - her visa expired in 2018.

If renewal is applied before exipry of EAD and H4 I-94 is valid, you will be eligible for automatic extension.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Kalpesh

Hi Kalpesh

Since i dont have current h4 extension approval notice, what document should i submit to USCIS for proof of current valid h4 status as current h4 approval notice ending on 31st december 2022.

You can refer to the receipt notice number and mention in the cover letter that your case was approved but you haven’t received the approval notice as of the date of filing the EAD. Later on once you recieve the approval notice you may send the copy to USCIS center processing your EAD application with a cover letter and copy of reciept notice of EAD so that the H4 approval can be added to your EAD file.

1 Like

Hello,
Please suggest the possible answer for Q25: Current Immigration Status or Category? I’m currently working on EAD and my H1B is no longer active. I wonder if I should be using EAD or Parolee?

Thanks!

What type of EAD are you renewing?
H4 or green card EAD?