I130 Processing Time for family - Questions and Answers

Thanks for your reply. I shall go through the link given. Approximately, how much time it may take for approval and visa number to be current?

Plzz tell me Why not show processing time u.s. citizen apply for spouse

All documents submitted to NVC on July 11, 2020 - 31 days

• AOS and Visa processing fees
  • AOS (Form and its supporting documents)
  • DS-260 Form
  • Civil documents

All documents verified by NVC on July 23, 2020 - 12 days

• NVC will work with BOM consulate to schedule an interview data
  • Notice will be sent to petitioner

It was hard to believe but it’s true :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations @hnjoshi. Also thanks a lot for keeping us posted with all the details.Appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Anil.Gupta
It’s been 3-4 months and the date is FROZEN in (fastes approved cases) in I130 us citizen filing for siblings California service

This data is collected from various forums and is contributed by users.

It does not change just because you may be expecting it.

The service would have not found a more recent case and hence has not reported it.

Is Fastest approved cases category true ?
Because the date now is 17 october and when it comes to 17 november(my priority date) can I expect to get my case approved please ?

Hi @Xhei_Ndoj

Not every case is fastest case. You need to understand this fact.

You may or may not get lucky.

Hi. Anyone from Texas Service centre got I130 approved recently? USCIS processing time currently shows 4.5-7 months. Although i understand not all cases get approved as soon as they reach 4.5 months, but just wondering any recent case approval and what is the time frame like?

Thanks.

Hi. My friend’s file went to Texas Service Center filing date Dec 31, 2019. He recently called the embassy to know any updates. It turned out his file was transferred to California service center and he never received any update/mail. He was also informed that he should expect the file to open soon.
You might want to check with USCIS by calling them…

1 Like

Hi @hnjoshi,

Helpful as always. Thank you. I am thinking we should call only after we have completed the average processing time given i.e. after 7 months as otherwise they may not give any further information. I shall keep you posted.

Thanks a lot again!

Hi.
My dad filed for i130 petiton for me and my recipt date is 11th july 2013. By NOV.2019. Uscis sent me RFE whish i sumitted by 3rd feb. 2020. And is almost 8 months now No approval or change of status, and my case is out of processing time. Pls what can i do sir?

You can only wait for a result. What was the RFE for?

1. Birth certificate
  2. Baptismal certificate
  3. Early school records
  4. Hospital record. This are the things they asked and i have sent them all. My case is at Vertmon service send and my case is out of normal processing time

Good day sir,
Sir iam having the feeling the uscis transfer my case to CSC service center from vermont service center… but there is no notification yet, iam just having the feeling sir.

@anil_am22 US embassy India website (Visas - U.S. Embassy & Consulates in India) for immigrant visa says that " We have resumed processing of spouses (IR-1/CR-1) and children (IR-2/CR-2) of U.S. citizens in chronological order of how they were received."

Through some friends/connections I was able to confirm that those who missed their interview date in march/april due to embassy shutting down were able to reschedule their interview date at Mumbai embassy and already got the immigrant visa (spouse of US citizen).

But I am unable to confirm if new interview appointments are given to spouse of US citizen who never got interview date prior to pandemic.

Do you know whether interview dates are given to spouse of USC who never got interview date prior to pandemic?

Hello all,
This thread has been the most helpful and up-to-date source on the web. Since I have been watching this religiously in order to get info I want to share my timeline so far.

US citizen filing for spouse who lives outside of USA (France); Potomac processing center
I130 receipt date- December 27, 2019
I130 approval date- November 17, 2020 (there were zero updates between this time)
We received an email on November 19, 2020 saying that the case is being sent to the NVC.

I will try to update this timeline as the case progresses.

2 Likes

We received the letter that the case was created on November 21, 2020. The letter included the information to go to the online portal CEAC. We were able to pay the two fees and are now waiting a few days for the payment to clear so that we can submit all of the documents for verification.

my dad is US citizen, im over 21, so I am in F1 category as far as I understand, what is expected waiting time if I fill I-130, from what I was able to figure its 5-6 years is that correct ? Thank You

how long it takes for F1 cat. ?