Originally published at:
A post was split to a new topic: Can i visit US while my I130 is pending?
A post was split to a new topic: Can we request for expediting the i130 process if we are in US Army?
@Anil.Gupta As per you how long it takes for spouse of USC to get visa interview date after documents have been qualified?
The website shows the table format for this but it does not clarify on spouse of USC or brother or sister.
The time is same for all cases handled by NVC.
@Anil.Gupta My PD is May 10, 2019 for I-130 at Nebraska Service Center. My case was then transferred to Texas Service Center on Feb 28, 2020. Current date on this website shows is of Aug 2020. As per you when can I expect to receive approval?
My application was submitted via mail. I saw that USCIS is still processing the applications during covid-19. Does application submission via mail vs online affect the processing during covid-19?
Application submitted via online cuts down the data entry and mailing time. That’s it. After that, both mail and online application would take same amount of time.
Just wanted to share my case timeline:
Spouse of a USC filing I-130:
Case Priority Date May 10, 2019
- Got notified via mail in about 7 days
- Updated on egov.uscis.gov/casestatus on May 15, 2019
- Case went to Nebraska Service Center (NSC)
Case Transferred to Another Office on Feb 28, 2010 - 294 days
- Got notified via text at 9:00AM
- Got notified via email at 9:01AM
- Didn’t get notice of transfer due to COVID-19
- Send an e-request for transfer notice, still didn’t arrive
- Called USCIS 800-375-5283 (press: 1122), transferred to Texas Service Center (TSC)
Case approved on May 1, 2020 - 63 days
- Got response of SR on May 4, 2020 at 10:36AM that it was approved on May 1, 2020
- Got TEXT notification on May 4, 2020 at 1:00PM afternoon
- Got EMAIL notification on May 4, 2020 at 1:02PM afternoon
@Anil.Gupta When I filled I-130 Application for spouse, we used maiden name as per passport. After filing, my spouse got new passport with my last name.
Currently our I-130 is already approved and on its way to NVC.
Do we need to notify NVC of the name change?
Shall we fill out upcoming forms with new name?
Do we need to submit any affidavit for name change?
Any insight or suggestion on this would be very helpful.
It is better to inform. The new passport and the marriage certificate are sufficient proofs.
Thanks for sharing your timeline. My application is quite recent however would be great to know your experience and timeline after I-130 got approved.
Such a long wait and can imagine must have been quite an anxiety.
Many thanks and looking forward to hear your experiences further.
A post was split to a new topic: Wait for welcome letter to arrive before scheduling the PCC appointment?
Status check on NVC Timeframes website
- NVC Timeframes
- “Current case creation time frame: As of 1-JUN-2020, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 21-MAY-2020.” got updated on Monday, June 1st at 8:15AM
- “Current case creation time frame: As of 8-JUN-2020, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 29-MAY-2020.” got updated on Monday, June 8th at 9:45AM
- Called NVC 603-334-0700 (press 17) on June 8th, they confirmed the case was received by NVC on June 3rd, meaning it took 13 days after USCIS sent the case and before NVC received it.
Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation on June 10, 2020 - 20 days
- Got EMAIL notice with NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number at 12:36AM
Visa Bulletin is not for Spouses (IR1/CR1). Visa Bulletin Family based are for Borther , sister, Parents etc. NVC will schedule with the consulates mentioned in your I130. Rightnow all consulates are closed so you can not do anything.
Thanks for sharing the timeline.
If i understand after I130 was approved, it took 21 days for Case to be sent to Department of State (NVC) on May 21, 2020
Next Step - Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation on June 10, 2020 - 20 days
Any update further after this? What are the next steps once Visa Case Creation is done? What is the time frame after this to get to the interview?
@k_jain After we received welcome letter in email on June 10, we paid the fees for AOS and IV application. It took 2-3 days for transaction to complete. After that we were able to submit AOS and IV application. Currently working on submitting civil documents. But can’t complete that yet as we are waiting on getting PCC in India. The process is slower in covid-19 for getting PCC. Will update once we submit the civil documents and then get the documents reviewed notice from nvc.
Thank you so much for the update. Please keep posted if you don’t mind.
I noticed that despite the Immigration Visa Ban F2B pririty date advances steady every month how that is possible? Would it continue to advance regardless this ban? It seems the ban is not impacting how the priority dates advance…
My I 130 under F4 category was filled on March 8th 2018 at CSC. Can I know by when the petition may get approved and when would the visa number become current?