I130 Processing Time for family - Questions and Answers

hello, I filled for my wife I-130 receipt date October 2019 it’s more than one year I am a green card holder, California center. I just want to know when should I expected be approved?

@jimmys
Thanks for the updates. Have you submitted your documents? What is the timeline after you submitted the documents i.e. how long is NVC taking to review the documents?

Thank you!

After a few days, the payments cleared and we were able to submit the documents. The documents were reviewed quickly (within two weeks) and then we were asked to upload more documents. These documents must have also been reviewed quickly because on December 16th we received an email saying that all of our fees, forms and documents were received and that we were documentarily qualified.

They said that they would send the case to the Embassy in Paris and work on getting an interview date. On December 25th, we received an email that the interview will be on January 27th. At that time we also received a final list of things that we needed to do, including vaccinations and a medical appointment with an approved physician. Hopefully this interview is the final step and we will receive the entry visa within a few weeks after the interview.

Congratulations @jimmys.
Thank you for keeping the group posted and all the timeline updates!

Good…tell me about interview questions??

Hi,

I have a petition approved for F2B. Now I am waiting for the letter from NVC.
Could someone tell me when should I expect to submit my documents and then the interview?
Or all this actions will be performed when my visa category will reach my priority date?
Can someone help me with some info???
Thank you

1 Like

Hi my mom filed for me as a F2B received an acceptance notice on july 11,2020. What is the wait time for a visa? my service center is california, can I switch service centers?

Hi Anil,
My case U.S. citizen filing for a brother ,California processing center,receipt date for my I -130 file - 27 September 2012. ,till date no approval.
According to worst case, processing time for California center is 14year 7 month(19Feb,07)
According to the app for i-130 I get this message
“Estimated Date
You should have received your case approval by now. Is it stuck in RFE or security clearance? Raise a service request with USCIS to know.”
Is something wrong with the app. or am I am doing something wrong ?

1 Like

My case samething F4 04/16/2013 at California service, still waitting not Aproval yet​:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

Hey Anil!!
Maybe you have a suggestion for my case. I put i130 since may 2019. Got a request of evidence which i completed since 2020. Since then i am getting any update. Initially i was a green card but now i am naturalized and update the case since 2021. Case is now out of processing time. I have submitted an inquiry but still nothing.
This was sent to california center. Is there anything you think i should do ?

You can only wait. The service request response should help.

I tried to open, unable to enter the text fields