Indian Embassy PCC Process (in USA for NRI)

Hi Anil: I have 3 years old PCC from India which was submitted for Australian immigration. Now Australia immigration has asked for PCC again. I have been living in USA for past 3 years and I will be applying for FBI and State PCC. Do I need to request PCC from Indian Embassy. I have not travelled India anytime after moving to US.
I don’t have a valid visa now as my changes of status request from L1 to H1 is in pending status. If I had to apply Indian PCC then can I request it without a valid I-797?

Has anyone recently applied for a PCC from the SF embassy ? Do you know what the current processing times are ? Additionally, my passport was issued in the US and my spouse’s passport was issued in India, so will that affect processing times ?

Is physical police verification performed at the Indian address or is the application only sent to the Regional Passport Office ?

Canadian Immigration has requested for updated PCC, so I only have 30 days to submit the PCC so just curious about the processing times and if I need to tell my family members in India to keep a look out for physical police verification.

If the most recent passport was issued in US, then it will be a bit quicker.
For Indian passport, they may wait for the Indian regional passport office clearance.

Note that they ask for clearance from Indian RPO in both cases but its a bit quicker for passport issued in US.

It usually takes 4-6 weeks in SFO.

1 Like

How do I know if physical police verification will be done at Indian address or not?

So just an update, physical verification was done for both my spouse and I at our local police stations in India, despite my passport being issued in the US. It looks like physical police verification is mandatory now at your India address.

The status is showing up as “Clear” on the status website, so does anyone know how long SF embassy is currently taking to print and issue the PCC ?