Initiation of Police Verification Request for Indian passport even though printing US address

Hi Anshu. I have a similar situation. My status shows that “Print has been initiated” while I have received an email regarding the “ Initiation of Police Verification Request”. Could you please share your experience.

1 Like

Renewal of PP issued at Chicago 10 yrs back. Iam a Green card holder
.Got an email reg police verification. Same day received another email stating pp despatched.
Actually got my pp without any hassles next day.
Unable to understand why create tension to innocent legal residents here?
Looks like some glitch at embassy system which triggers that verification message. Or some category exempted depending on their legal status,age etc??
Kindly fix it.
Iam very happy with service by VFS and Indian Consulate at Chicago.
Raj Rao

Please keep in mind that that there is no connection between the rule book and the process they follow.
In the process, it is mentioned that any person (1) having the same India address, i.e. no change in the india address, in the current passport and renewal application (2) living outside of india for more than 5 years, doesn’t need police verification.

However, despite of all these rules, I see renewal requests went through PV process. A very disgusting, inappropriate and inconstant process/management.

So, be prepared for PVP with proper address.

1 Like

Hi Raj

Even I had submitted my passport with DC consulate for renewal and am a GC holder. When I check the status, its states the application has been granted. when I emailed the attache he said its granted pre verification, once verification is done the status will change to print. Can you share some more details. I mean i have been living in US for 22 years, prior two times got my passport renewed had no issues, this time not sure what is going on /I have them my GC #, Aadhar #, Pan Card # … then what is the point of police verification ?? dont they check the details for aadhar and Pan ?
This is an harrassment , and in this covid period I want to travel back once things slows down in india…

Salivahan,
I read somewhere the rule changed last September 2020.

Just got son’s passport. However also received email for police verification. I know for some of my friends police verification physically has taken place, police visited their address in India, demanded money. Its really a stressful thing, my address in India and my parents are not same, I have left my parents home when I was 18. Now I really dont know what they will ask for? Its a nexus of taking money and harrassing people. Awful !!!

Hey!
I’m at the moment trying to renew my passport - same boat as you, USA Address and only have used a USA address.

Did you do a separate application for your police clearance or just did the passport application?

Hope you might have got passport already. Can you tell me what happened in ur case. Did the police verification completed ? My case is same, i was staying in rented apartment before and the same address i have given for renewal. Thought no police verification required.

Just got the passport delivered. No Police verification email until now. what are the chances they will do police verification. applied with Aadhaar with Indian address to be printed in passport with address change as well.

current status shows : |Passport is printed and will be delivered shortly.

Hi @anil_am22 , wondering if you had some insights on the below -
I got a police verification request on my passport renewal. But nobody currently stays there. What should I do?

Hey, @ichu163 did you have a police verification? I’m in same situation!

Hey @Kumar_Gaurav1 , how did you get in touch with the sp? What website is it ?

I am sure, you have provided indian contact number at the time of passport application. First, police will try to reach out to that number and then they will arrive.

I am sure you could have provided a working Indian mobile number!

Passport Renewal from USA timeline
Applied through VFS in January
January - 4 - VFS processed and sent to embassy
January 7 - Received email for police verification
Never had any police verification
January 13- Passport was dispatched

I have been living outside India for almost 9 years.

Hello,
So I applied through VFS website on May 10 to renew my passport in Chicago mission. On May 25 status on Indian passport seva website changed to “Passport has been printed.” and that day I also got an email for police verification. Do I get my passport before verification is done? Because the Police verification has been giving me trouble since I sold my house and cop is asking for a new address verification request. How do I go about this?

i also sent my passport for renewel, keeping no change in permanent address in india, still after keeping 2 weeks under review process , i get email today saying initiation of police verification. we were saying in rented apartment in india and that is why i didnot change the address in the application keeping no verification wil happen in my case. any suggestion what to do . do u guys think they will approve it.
my husband passport was on the same address but he got approval with no verification in 2 days and in 2 weeks he had the passport.