Issues with Indian Passport renewal via VFS Global

So, I received my passport yesterday, and below is the complete timeline:

Tatkal category at the NYC (no change in Indian address)

March 16 (evening): Submitted application at Fedex

March 17 (morning): Application received at VFS (text message)

March 18 (morning): Application has been verified at VFS and currently under process for onward submission to the Mission (vfs website)

March 18 (afternoon): Your application has been processed and is submitted to the mission for decision making (vfs website)

March 19 (morning): Your application is under review (at the government of India website)

March 19 (afternoon): Printing has been initiated (at the government of India website)

March 19 (evening): Passport has been printed (at the government of India website)

March 22 (morning): Passport has been printed (government of India website) and received police verification email.

March 23: Passport is printed and will be delivered shortly.

March 24: received tracking information from vfs and passport will be delivered tomorrow (according to fedex tracking info).

March 25 - March 30: vfs NYC was closed due to Covid

March 31: received passport

Police verification ongoing at my Indian address.

3 Likes

My daughter’s passport also Print Initiated on 03/26 in Government website. After that there is no change in the status, I have not received the passport till now.

As its print initiated, do I need to contact VFS or Embassy to check the status?

1 Like

It’s with embassy/consulate, so you need to contact them.

Finally, today I got the email from VFS saying that they have dispatched my passport using the fedex label I sent them. Hope within 3 days passport will be delivered. Thx God

Please wait! Don’t stress. Will get it once it’s printed.

Finally received it on 04/12.
Thank you!!

Iam also not able to login login it keeps on saying mismatch string i am trying since yesterday evening, tried the entire night and today morning. have tried resetting several times

Hi,
I have paid the Fees for my Indian passport re-issue and courier label on 25th May (debited from by bank on 25th), 2021 but I have not received any payment confirmation email from vfs. I am also not received the courier label. I have contacted vfs several times, provided them with my bank receipt of payment and other details, but still no solution. I have everything ready to send to the Indian embassy at Washington DC, but waiting for the email confirmation and the courier label.

1. My passport will expire on 17th July, 2021 and desperately want to get the new one. But don’t know what should I do now.
  2. Can I get a refund if I started a new payment? can I apply for tatkal service, no change in Indian address (although my appearance has changed over the last 10 years, so not sure whether I can apply through tatkal or not).

Please share your thoughts and suggestions.

Thank you

Hello All! I recently got a request for submitting missing document I re submitted it through the label re generated from VFS website by making another payment.But when I track the status it still says the same also I noticed they mentioned to use my own label will it really make a difference ?

Incomplete Applications:
Please complete your application within 7 calendar days by sending “the above listed missing documents along with a printout of this email” to VFS India Consular Application Centre where you had initially submitted your application. You will need to use your own “Pre-paid” label to send the missing documents. Failure to complete your application as per the stipulated timeframe will result in returning your application unprocessed.>

How did you reuse the same label? It’s one time use only. Check with FedEx on the whereabouts of your documents.

I paid through the site by selecting the incomplete/missing documents category and generated another label and paid for that label before I paid for both Incoming and outgoing as $30 and now it is $15. Issue is when I track my application it says I need to use my own label

Thank you and God Bless you for sending these steps. It was taking me in circles!
Best,

I am not getting any activation mail for registering with VFS global. Anyone faced the same issue? I did it on a Sunday and I am wondering if works only during weekdays?

1 Like
1 Like

Were you able to get the activation mail?

I have tried creating a profile using multiple mail-IDs across both weekends and weekdays but haven’t received activation link on any mail yet. I also tried the ‘reset password’ trick but didn’t get any mail that way either.

Hi, @K_Y
Not sure what you mean by $30 became $15. Were you able to generate courier labels without paying other fees ?
I am faced with a similar situation with the courier label.
I chose to use the money order method but want to avail vfs courier service and therefore pay for that much.
However the site doesnt let me do it and asking me to provide my own labels.
Is this the norm? Wonder why they havent made it crystal clear before application is submitted.

Can someone who has done this recently for NY please comment what are my options now ?
Do I need to send return envelope and label both?

@Anoop_George
Where did you see that Annexure E should be notarized?
I don’t see any notarization requirement for Annexure E.

@Remya_Ravindran Hi,
Please share your experience of using non-vfs courier service for shipping and return shipping.
It seems vfs wont allow using their courier service and pay for that part only unless you opt for online payment for the whole thing.
thanks

Hi,
I have submitted my application for passport renewal, and I received a response. Could you please confirm whether I should send my photographs through courier or simply upload them using the link provided?

Dear Applicant, Greetings from VFS Global Services. On close scrutiny of your application the following have been found to be missing. You are requested to mail to VFS Global Services Passport Department (MATCH UP) 128 East 32nd street, 2nd Floor New York NY 10016. Photos must have ABSOLUTE white background. Any other color background including shades of white, off white, White with little hint of blue/pink/gray any other color NOT acceptable. Submit 2 identical, recently taken 2x2 inches Photos with clear white background. Use below link to upload photo. VFS : WebForm

Pending document/Rejection details:
Documents Comments
Photograph Provided photo background is not clear white.

Looks like they have given you option to upload scanned photos directly.