No biometrics ~60 days after H4 extension petition

Hi Anil,

Filed H1B/H4/H4EAD concurrent regular petition to Nebraska center on 30 April 2020, received notices on 5th May 2020. H1B was approved on 15th June 2020. Haven’t heard since regarding biometrics appointment.

With the current situation delays are expected, but how much is too much? I checked with employer as well and they haven’t received any biometric notices.
Is this delay normal(that you know off)? Should I keep calm and carry on or is there anything can be done(contact USCIS).

Any pointers(if any) will be helpful.

Thanks,

USCIS Biometric centers are currently closed.

They will reuse Biometric for people who have given it earlier in the US.

For others, the only option is to wait as USCIS will send Biometric appointment letter only when Biometric centers start to reopen.

Thanks for the updates, that helps!

Just curious, is there any page on am22tech which tracks biometric centers reopening dates say state wise or zip code wise?

No, there is no such page.

But, it sounds like a good idea. Let me see if anything can be done.

1 Like

That will be super helpful if it works out. Thanks in advance. Please keep us posted.

Hi Anil,

Now that certain ASC’s have re-opened(the one closer to my residence is), how long do we have to wait for biometrics appointment letter(or when should one expect to receive). Can we track it anywhere?

Thanks,

Hi mvb,

Just following up. I am in similar situation, H1B extended already but wife’s h4 is pending for more than 2 months and no biometrics appointment letter received yet. What happened in your case? Did your wife get the biometrics appointment? Is her h4 approved already?

No progress made so far and its been 5 months since filing including 3 months since the ASC centers have re-opened. Will be calling USCIS tomorrow will post if anything interesting comes up.

Waiting since 6 months for biometrics notice. Vermont Service Center. Not sure what can be done here.

Any news on this. Am also in same boat. 6 months passed since applying for h4 extension. H1 is already approved 3 months ago. H1 is already approved 3 months ago. Have not received the biometric dates yet. Any way to check status or expedite this? h4-ead will expire in few months and cannot apply for new one until visa is received.

Hi All,

I submitted my wife H4 on March 16th still i have not received H4 biometric. I just received the receipt notice after few days of H4 submission.

Do we have any ways to check the status of the receipt?

Hi Anil,

I am a regular follower of your blog. I submitted my H4 application in June 2020, but still, for 5 months we have not received the Biometric appointment.

Can I expedite the request to get my biometric?

Thanks!

could any one help Applied H4 and EAD same time 6 months back still showing status fingerprint fee received and haven’t received any letter for finger prints appointment. Please advice on it.

I suggest to call USCIS and ask for biometric appointment. In some cases, this has worked.

Hello Guys,
I am in same boat too. it’s more than 7 months now and awaiting for biometric letter. Any idea of what will be consequences going ahead. Like crossing 180 days.
Thanks.

Hi, I am also waiting for more than 8 months now…no biometric. Some of my friends file for h4 extension after me and received biometric. Not sure what order uscis is sending Biometric. This is for Nebraska center. We raised service request in the past to which they replied that they dont know when it will be scheduled.

I am also having same issue. H4 extn applied in april and went to Nebraska. Still waiting for biometric appointment. I have called twice uscis and raised request. My attorney has raised expedite request also not no response. If anyone get update please share. Thank you!

Did you got any update on your biometric appointment? Please let me know thank you

1 Like

Hi… Did you receive Biometrics appointment notice for vermont? I am in the same boat. Waiting from May’2020.

Applied for H4 in April 2020 , H1 Was approved soon. (Nebraska center)
However no update on H4 biometric.
Service request was raised. Response provided was - We are waiting for biometric process .
It has been around 9 months now.
Anyone got resolution to this issue recently ?
Thanks,