Passport number update after scheduling dropbox appointment

@anil_am22 @Diwedy

Hello,

I scheduled my Dropbox appointment last week however I updated my passport after scheduling this appointment. Now I am not able to update passport in cgi portal as I already have old passport number associated with current receipt number.

Has anyone experienced this and know if we can still proceed with Dropbox appointment? Would they take care of this during Dropbox appointment?

Thank you.

1 Like

Did you reach out to USTravelDocs support? Reach out to them, if you haven’t already. They will update it for you when you send a copy of your passport.

However, there have been few cases where they ask you to get it updated while submitting the documents on the day of your Dropbox appointment.

2 Likes

@Diwedy Thank you. I am checking with them now. I will post if I find any solution to it in coming days.

1 Like

Hello,

Just to give an update - I spoke with support and they asked to fill up new DS-160 with updated passport number and submit both passports as part of dropbox documents. Passport number in CGI portal cannot be updated after fees are paid and/or appoinment is booked.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi Siddharth

I have a similar situation. Could you please confirm if you are already done with your appointment and did not face any issues while submitting documents at the time of dropbox .

Thanks
Ashish

1 Like

I am not done with appointment yet but it is okay as far as ds-160 is updated with passport number.

Thanks.

Hi, are you done with your appointment?

Not yet but as I read from other experiences it is okay as far as ds-160 is updated with passport number.

Hey @Siddharth_Khot just wanted to check with you are done with your appointment and did it go well, I am in a similar situation and your response would be very helpful.

Not yet but as I read from other experiences it is okay as far as ds-160 is updated with passport number.

1 Like

Just to update based on actual experience - you need to have correct passport number on Ds-160. Carry both passports.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Siddharth_Khot -
We booked the Dropbox appointment with DS160 and old passport. Now we came to india and applied for a new passport and already recieved it , what should be the right process now before going for Dropbox. Do i have to submit another DS160 with new passport info , and can carry both DS160 and Passport ? Is there a way to update the old DS160/CGI portal with new passport info. We are worried now if the dropbox appointment gets voided if we submit the new passport ? Appreciate your help or info on this soon as we need to go next week.

Hi @Siddharth_Khot - it says in the link below that no new DS160 is needed if you just obtained a new passport after booking the visa appointment with old one. Can you please confirm , if thats your case as well an you went ahead with submitting new DS160 with new passport details and carried both DS160’s and Passports together ?

Hello,

I don’t think so this is an issue. It is similar to having a new passport after appointment is booked.

Just fill new ds-160 with a new passport number, update cgi portal with this new ds-160 number, print appointment confirmation page with this new ds-160 number and carry both passports, new appointment confirmation and both ds-160s, you should be okay.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Ohh, Can we be able to update with new DS-160 number in the old dropbox appointment confirmation in CGI portal. I just do not want to mess up or do not want book for another appointment considering there are no slots again. Thanks again for clarifying @Siddharth_Khot

Yes, you can update ds-160 number in CGI portal and reprint appointment confirmation whenever you want before your appointment.

How do we reprint the appointment confirmation? PLease help need to update new DS-160 number as i had correction

Hi @Siddharth_Khot - I am on same boat. Please share your experience after your appointment.

Hi Varun,

It is okay to update passport details on new ds-160 and then update appointment confirmation page with new ds-160. Then, carry both ds-160s and you should be okay.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Siddharth- I’m in a similar situation, were you able to get the stamping done at the drop box location without any issues?