Passport number update after scheduling dropbox appointment

@anil_am22 @Diwedy

Hello,

I scheduled my Dropbox appointment last week however I updated my passport after scheduling this appointment. Now I am not able to update passport in cgi portal as I already have old passport number associated with current receipt number.

Has anyone experienced this and know if we can still proceed with Dropbox appointment? Would they take care of this during Dropbox appointment?

Thank you.

1 Like

Did you reach out to USTravelDocs support? Reach out to them, if you haven’t already. They will update it for you when you send a copy of your passport.

However, there have been few cases where they ask you to get it updated while submitting the documents on the day of your Dropbox appointment.

1 Like

@Diwedy Thank you. I am checking with them now. I will post if I find any solution to it in coming days.

1 Like

Hello,

Just to give an update - I spoke with support and they asked to fill up new DS-160 with updated passport number and submit both passports as part of dropbox documents. Passport number in CGI portal cannot be updated after fees are paid and/or appoinment is booked.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi Siddharth

I have a similar situation. Could you please confirm if you are already done with your appointment and did not face any issues while submitting documents at the time of dropbox .

Thanks
Ashish