Passport number update after scheduling dropbox appointment

Hi @Siddharth_Khot, did your dropbox process complete without any hassle? please let me know.

Are you able to change it to the new passport number in CGI profile after creating a new ds 160?

Hi @Siddharth_Khot, I am in a similar situation and heard back from consulate that I can update DS160 number in CGI portal. When I reprint the appointment confirmation with new DS160 number, will I need to pay the fees again at any stage? Or is it just an update? Thanks in advance!

You do not need to pay fees again for updated DS 160. Remember to carry both old and new DS-160 confirmation to your appointment.

2 Likes

Hello Siddharth/Pankaj,

Iā€™m also having the similar situation as Iā€™ve booked my H1 dropbox appointment for ā€œApril 2023ā€ and my current passport is expiring in ā€œOctober 2023ā€. Iā€™m planning to renew my passport by ā€œDecember 2022ā€ and need help on the following questions:

1. Once Iā€™ve a new passport, do I need to fill a new DS-160 form and update the new DS-160 confirmation# in the CGI portal and print updated appointment page?
  2. In CGI portal, I can see ā€œUpdate Profileā€ option, so do I need to just update the ā€œDS-160 Confirmation Numberā€ or Passport Issuance/Expiration date field as well (My current passport is still valid till October 2023)?

If anyone has recently got their visa stamped in similar situation then please pitch in with your real time experience. Any reply or valuable information is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Nikhil

Yes. New DS-160 should be updated with renewed Passport details. Take updated Appointment page for your appointment.

Update all relevant editable fields in the profile.

Hi Nikhil
Can you please share you latest status , if you where able to perform step1 and step2

Hi, i am in the same boat.

Can some one confirm that the above suggestion* worked successfully?

• = renew passport, make new ds160, update the cgi portal, print updated appointment pages and drop off both ds 160 and both passports

Yes it worked, but you would need only the latest ds-160.

Looking forward for your valuable suggestion on below scenario:

My H1B drop box appointment is scheduled for November 6th 2023 and when I filled DS-160 that time then my GC was not processed but now my I-140 is approved, so do I need to fill a new DS-160 with approved I-140 details and update new DS-160# in CGI portal?

@santhana_krishnan: Yes, I completed these steps successfully.

@Diwedy @verchasve_621

Currently, I do not see an option to update DS-160 number on new website. We could do it in previous CGI portal but they recently migrated to new website.

Let me know if you guys find a place where we can update DS-160 number.

Thank you!

@Siddharth_Khot Iā€™m not able to login currently in USTravelDocs, so donā€™t know about this but Iā€™ll update here soon. Also, did you check with the help desk that how can we update the DS-160 in CGI portal then?

The old cgi portal is no longer in works. They migrated to a new one. You have to create an account with existing email address and all of your information will be transferred from old portal to new one.

:x::x:New CGI site updateā€‹:x::x:

Now everyone can log in, into the new CGI portal by creating a new account.
:point_down:(link)
usvisascheduling

Step1:- make sure in your username there is no @xxxx (just first name and surname with no space)

Step2:- Give your mail id(it should match your old CGI account)

Step3:- Give 3 security answers(make sure you will remember them)

After login, it will ask for 2 security answers which you have given on the previous page, answer them correctly.

Step 4:- Read and understood the system use and privacy policy and agree by ticked the box and click on submit.

(Important step)
Step5:-

• For students who havenā€™t booked a slot yet should create New application and fill all the details correctly
  • Students who are already booked an appointment can directly reschedule or book slots. (Their details are already taken from the the old to the new site.)

@Siddharth_Khot: Thanks for the valuable info. I successfully created my profile in new CGI portal and can see my scheduled appointment information but couldnā€™t find an option to edit DS-160#.

Please let me know if you got a chance to connect with Helpdesk on above issue?

@Siddharth_Khot: I was exploring the new site and noticed this information. I think we have to buy a new MRV receipt and create a new profile with updated DS-160#.

Notes and Instructions

Attention: Before you enter the receipt number ensure that the passport bio data and DS-160 information matches the ustraveldocs profile for all applicants scheduled during this session. Discrepancies between the profile, passport information, and DS-160 information may require completion of a new profile and purchase of a new MRV fee receipt. MRV fees are not refundable nor transferrable after they are assigned to a particular applicant.

@Siddharth_Khot @verchasve_621 i have my drop box appointment for my dependents on sep 1st. i have booked the appointment and later on i had to renew my daughter passport and updated the same in old portal. But in new portal it is still showing old passport details for my daughter in the appointment letter. will it work if i carry both the passports for my daughter?

That should be okay. I carried both passports and it worked for me. Just to confirm, you can call customer care.

1 Like

thank you ā€¦ customer care people are not attending the call ā€¦ may i know when did you had your interview/drop box? was it a drop box?

Hey @Sajeesh_Sukumaran , did you get your call done with the customer care?