Passport processing timeline at the VFS and Indian consulate in NYC

Process started on Non 10th, I have missed one document, which took most of the time.
Dec 10th - docs sent to Indian embassy
Dec-19th police verification
Dec-22 - printed
Dec-26th handed it to VFS
Dec 30th- Fedex delivered.

1 Like

Looks like photo issue is limited to NYC consulate and the personnel there need training in image scanning and printing.

1 Like

Did you followed with embassy??

Did you followed up with embassy??

Hi,

@anyone who can answer
The address that I gave is of India where my parents currently live after retirement. Even though that address is close to our previous address, I do not have a document right now that says that has my name and the new address on it. I am out of the country for the last 4 years and did not get an opportunity to create a new document. Will that be a problem during police verification?

Thanks!
MG

1 Like

My Regular pp application for my wife and son, got completed in 5 working days.

Dec 20st: Mailed documents via FedEx, reached VFS on Dec 21
Dec 28 Packet recieved for both pp renewed

Just to inform, the previous pp were issues in US.

1 Like

Hi

It will not be an issue but someone at your present address should confirm that your permanent address is the same when police verification happens. They may ask to show some document that you have relation with them.

Aadhar and driving license

Yes, several emails, calls and PRAMIT requests.

Did they processed after several follow ups. I m not getting response on pramit queries.vfs kept my application with them for 30 days…not it’s with embassy from 1 week…I have to book the tickets and travel

Took 5 working days to process and get passport delivered for ATLANTA location-TATKAL process.
They dont accept US bank statement as address proof

I submitted my passport renewal application on 12/16/20. VFS verified the application and forwarded it to embassy in NYC on 12/28/2020.

Today 01/14/2021, I received an email from vfs stating that they are dispatching my document(s) using the return label provided. And the status of my application in tracking website is “Your application has been dispatched via courier”.

What does this status mean? I received no updates on police verification or whatsoever in between the updates on 12/28/2020 and today 01/14/2021.

1 Like

Didn’t you read any update as “Passport print initiated” on passport application portal ?

I got my new passport along with the old passport. Pleasantly surprised.

No police verification, no status updates, not even the FedEx return label tracking updates.

1 Like

That’s great! Did you raise any complaint with VFS or Embassy to expedite the process? Was it Tatkal?

It was regular application. I didn’t reach out to either VFS or the embassy.

1 Like

I’ve heard that if you get a passport without police verification then you will be not allowed to leave India unless it gets verified next time you visit. How true is this?

On pramits inquiry form what is the USAN number to enter to file an inquiry ?
I see ARN is also there which is the passport govt site generated number but have no idea what is USAN

Hi All thanks for all the info here. My passport has been in print initiated state since Feb 26th. Police verification was done in Feb 26th in India. I had submitted to NYC embassy via normal processing. PRAMIT inquiry says it will be processed in the order which VFS received. Is this normal?

I’m in the process of filling out the VFS application (finished the gov passport site) and have a question relating to the"address section" on the checklist.

Background:

When I filled out the application (as per the sample VFS application) I listed my current printable passport address (active) as the one I would like in my re-issuance/new passport. In addition in the “other address” I listed the same address.

Upon VFS account creation, the checklist provided now mentions providing 1 us (not provided) and 1 indian (provided).

Will I need to redo the gov passport application?