Renew Indian Passport Questions 2021-2023

Thanks a lot for the details, much appreciated.

However, they don’t have any info about the below:

In case of notary -
a. Does parent need to sign as well along with the child OR only child’s sign is enough along with the notary officer?

I can use my alternate email address to register my child with Indian Govt site. Correct?

Please do let me know if you have any idea/info on the above.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

@anil_am22 - The various forms required for Passport renewal on the AM22TECH app are showing 1 week old date when you click on Email Me button.

For e.g. The form is showing Jul 15, 2021 date when I filled and emailed it today.

Please have a look into it.

Thanks & Regards,
Rachit Damani

Thanks. We are checking.

Is it mandatory to use the same email id to create another govt application? Can one not use another email id to create a new profile and application? Thanks.

My daughter is turning 15 in Jan 2021 and I am trying for her passport renewal. On portal3.passportindia.gov.in website I have selected 36 pages passport (As its not allowing of 60 pages for Minor). Next step I did is import that profile to vfsglobal.com and when I am following the steps I am getting an error as “The age entered is not applicable for this service category…” I am attaching snapshot for exact error. Please see attachment for reference and exact error, can someone please guide me as how to proceed with this situation?

Hi,

I have noticed a few issues w.r.t. various forms for Passport renewal on the AM22TECH app as below:

• Annexure D: Due to character limit in Birth Place textbox under Child Details section, I am not able to enter City, State, Country but just the City name.
  • Annexure D: Whatever you enter in Birth Place textbox under Child Details section getting copied over to Place textbox under Mother Details section. It should have Passport Place of Issue just like Father Details section. Also, there is character limit.
  • All Forms: Payment is required to generate all the forms now even though we are a registered users of the AM22TECH, it was not the case earlier.
  • All Forms: Let’s say we entered some wrong details in the forms and wanted to correct it, do we need to pay every time?

Please have a look into it.

Appreciate all your help and support.

Thanks & Regards,
Rachit Damani

Hi @rachitdamani

1. The text box for place of birth has limited space because only the city or state name is required. You don’t need to write the whole address there.

All the validations have been placed after careful consideration.

1. We are checking this and will get it fixed if its a bug.

2. Thanks for highlighting it. The payment is required to support the development efforts, software licensing, maintenance, support and the value we bring for our members.

If you noticed, we have subsidized the cost to a great extent just to make sure that we charge as less as possible to keep the service running.

We appreciate that you shared your concerns and are committed to serving our members.

Thanks @AM22Tech_Admin for the details, much appreciated.

1. OK I see. I asked because the instruction says “City,State,Country” under that text box. So, we can just write the state name like “Gujarat” or City, correct?
  2. Yes, it is a bug since Mother’s Passport place of issue will be different than Child’s birth place but it is not allowing me to. Also, due to character limit, I can’t write the full word at all i.e. San Francisco. So, please have a look into it and get it fixed and do let me know as I need to fill out the form.
  3. OK got it. So, we don’t need to pay again for correcting the details in the form, right?

Hi @rachitdamani

The app has been updated and bugs fixed. Thanks for reporting.

1. This language has been changed and some of the fields which were not mandatory have been removed from the app after yesterday’s bug fix.

2. This bug has been fixed in yesterday’s app update.

3. If you make a mistake, just contact us via email or ping us on WhatsApp and we will help you regenerate the document without paying again.

Hi @AM22Tech_Admin

Sounds great. Thanks a lot for the quick turnaround on this, really appreciate it.

1. Looks good.
  2. Looks good.
  3. Sure, sounds good.
1 Like

Hello,
I am renewing my passport in USA as its expiry is due. In my old passport alphabet ‘a’ was missing and I am trying to correct that and I have relevant documents to prove it.
My question is should I enter the right spelling of place of birth while filling the govt form or the wrong one printed in my old passport. As VSF Global clearly says that details in form has to match old passport else it will be rejected.
Also, I am trying to add middle name to my father’s name. In old passport it was FN:XXX; SN:YYY
I am trying to make it FN: XXX zzz ; SN: YYY.
Do you recommend I do it or just skip this part.
If I decide to update my dads name do I need any documents for it?
Please let me know what you think.

If you are renewing under Tatkal then do not change as VFS is known to match almost each letter. However, if you are going the normal route and you have all relevant documents for changes, then you can go ahead.

Documents which you can submit for your father’s name changes include: Passport, service record/ pension order/ property documents or any other proof which clearly shows his complete name.

Hi @anil_am22 @Diwedy - I have a question regarding Child passport renewal:

1. In case of parent’s passport copy - do we need to take copies of 10 pages OR just first and last page should be enough?

Your help and support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Rachit Damani

Hi @rachitdamani - here you go:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Diwedy, really appreciate it.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the reply.

My Passport Renewal process went very smoothly. I sent out my application via FedEx on 23rd August, 2021.
Received my new & old passport on 4th September, 2021.

The only things that I needed to prepare my Application are these 2 helpful websites. Make sure you follow them very carefully.

a) Am22tech page: “Renew Indian Passport in USA (VFS Process, Documents)”

b) Suja Prakash YouTube video: “RENEWAL/Re-issuance of Indian Passport in USA through VFS GLOBAL | For Adult | new 2021”

Now let me share some crucial Information that helped me and can also help you:

1. Make sure you find out exactly which Consular Jurisdiction is applicable to your US state of residence (this is important).
    For example, my US state of residence (South Dakota) falls under Chicago jurisdiction.

2. Before filling out your Application form on Govt. PSK website, make sure you call your Local police station back in India.
    Just to Confirm the exact Police station from which Police verification will happen in your Indian address.

3. Under Applicant Address details section in Govt. PSK application, make sure you specify One Indian adress (Police verification will happen here)
    and one US address (this must be your Residential address, please don’t put your University or Office address!!)

4. This is very important. Make sure you follow these 3 rules when specifying your US residential address:

The US address you specify on Govt. PSK Application form MUST be your US Residential Address.
The Proof of Address you send in your physical FEDEX Application MUST match the US residential address you specified in Govt. PSK Application form.
The mailing address (to receive your New & Old Passport) you specify in VFS Global MUST match the Proof of Address you send in your physical FEDEX Application which in turn, MUST match the US residential address you specify on Govt. PSK Application form.

1. When you finally get to your Passport Preview window, make sure you take at least 5-7 minutes of your time to double check that
    the generated information looks as similar to your Latest Expiring Passport as possible. (Things like Place of Birth, etc.)

2. Birth Certificate, Self-Sworn Affidavit for Indian Address, Highest Qualification degree, Indian Aadhar card (that has the Indian address for Police Verification printed on it)
    ______These 4 documents were not mandatory but I still decided to send them anyway as Extra precaution. I self-attested them.

3. This is the format I used to self-attest:

True copy of the original (please underline this line only)
Anurag Chakraborty
23/08/2021 (make sure the date is in Indian format, this is important)

1. There was a bit of drama when my (New + Old) passport arrived through FedEx. I was asleep in my apartment when they showed up, so the FedEx people left without even leaving a note (even though I specifically requested FedEx to leave my package at the front door in case no one answers as Delivery Instructions).
    When I woke up, I tried to track the status of the FedEx shipment and found the status “Delivery Unsuccessful”. So I panicked and drove to the same FedEx facility from which I initially shipped my Application. Luckily my package was with them when I walked in to collect it. So this was a short horror story, just be aware that it CAN happen.

@Anurag_Chakraborty what happened at the Indian address during police verification? Do you have some relatives staying at your Indian address? Did the police visit and ask for witnesses and stuff? How had you prepared for this?

1 Like

My parents reside at the Indian address that I had specified in the Govt. PSK Application Form.
As soon as I shipped out my FedEx application, I called my parents to let them know that a Police Verification will happen and they’re aware of it. The verification happened on a Sunday.

Hello :slight_smile: ,
I have an expired visa and an approved I-797A till 2024. Apparently my H1B attorney never sent me an I-797C. Do I need I-797C notarized for passport renewal or I-797A is enough. The language on the checklist is bit confusing.
Thanks a ton in advance!