USCIS EAD Expedite Request Questions & Answers

Originally published at:

6 posts were split to a new topic: EAD Expedite: receive a decision or notice of other action within 30 days of the date of this letter

hello, I applied to renew my EAD exactly 6 months before expiring (they recommend not doing it before 6 months) so I would have enough time to get the approval, but the USCIS website says it can take up to 8 months to get a new card. How to proceed in that case since you don’t even have an option to renew before 6 months? Is there anything I can do about it?

Hi @cazambon

The only option is to file an EAD expedite request but USCIS may or may not approve it.

I know its a bit contradictory but that’s how USCIS works and there is no other way around.

Hi @Anil.Gupta

Any idea how long it takes USCIS to acknowledge RFE receipt and/or approve or deny expedite request?
I raised expedite request for L2-EAD on January 2nd.
Got RFE letter and submitted response by email on January 11th.

The case status page has only status as of January 2nd expedite request and nothing after that.

There is no fixed time but they usually respond within 10 days.

Hi @Anil.Gupta,

First and foremost thank you for hosting this and helping the Indian community through this forum. God bless you and your family!!

My situation

1. Filed H1B + H4 + EAD through my employer and the received date for all applications is 11/22/2019 - California center
  2. Bio-metrics completed on 12/18/2019
  3. Upgraded to premium on 1/6/2020, H1B approved 1/10/2020
  4. No change in H4 or EAD status as of today (1/23/2020)
  5. Our visas are valid till 2/16/2020

My wife needs to go to India in March 2020 as her father had passed away last year and their is a one year ceremony / pooja she needs to attend. This is extremely important to her as her mother is in India and needs her support. Her mother requires some medical attention as well. If she travels before her extension comes in she will recieve an rfe and visa processing will take more time.

Can this be used as an expedite reason to write to USCIS under humanitarian category or nay other category?

1. Secondly if she looses her job that would impact our daily lives and have severe financial problems for us…
    a. We have mortgage going on for our home in US
    b. we both studied here so we have student loans
    c. we have 2 boys - their expenses
    d. home expenses
    e. my wife’s insurance is through her employer so loss of insurance
    f. mortgage for a property in india

My salary alone cant handle all these expenses. I can send them a breakdown with my credit card bills, expenses etc and it clearly shows that all these expenses my salary cant handle.

Do you think all of the above concerns / issues can help me expedite my wife’s case?

Please advise me on this and how to proceed with all this.

Thanks
Ronny

Hi @Ronny

You can try but i don’t think your case is any different than other people waiting for their EAD.

It depends on USCIS case officer. If you van melt their heart with your story, they may approve your expedite request.

Hi @Anil.Gupta,

This is really a very helpful shared information. Regarding EAD expedite request, I searched but there is no option for Infopass Appointment , rather it says - use online tools instead. I have been going through medical treatment for almost an year, based on my husband’s L1 extenstion, my L2 status and EAD renewal was filed.

I wanted to submit a expedite request for Financial Loss and Medical Condition. How I do that ?

Is there anyway I can meet USCIS official in person ? If yes, how to approach that ? I am based out of Houston.

Hi @soumyav

The only way to raise expedite request is to do it online. You cannot meet any USCIS officer in person.

How to do that Online ? You also mentioned to take support from Congressmen ? Can you help me understand to approach this route as well ? Thanks in advance

How to file EAD expedite request for H4 and L2 EAD.

Hi Anil, I got reply from congressman saying my expedite is approved on Jan 22th, but so far still no update… it’s been 16days. Do you know if there’s any other way to check or expedite again?

Hi @shihtzubomb

If your expedite request has already been approved, then you just need to wait. It can take up to 30 days for approval.

Is that possible they forgot to put the cases in the expedite queue :frowning: I’m out of normal processing time next Tue… very frustrated…

haha…I am not sure if they forgot it or how USCIS tracks it internally.

You can call USCIS call center again and see if they can send a ping to the USCIS officer working on your case.

did you hear something

Hi Anil,
I submitted the expedite request, reeceived the email to submit the supporting documents.
I sent the documents via email a month ago, after that there is no reply yet.
I contacted helpdesk twice but they replied that when the decision for expedite request is made then I will be notified.
It`s been a month since I submitted the documents.
Can you plase suggest.
Thank you,
Regards,
MK

Hi @slogun4u

What is your specific question?

Hi Anil,
I submitted the expedite request for H4EAD (filed h1,h4,h4ead in premium, h1 approved on 17th Jan), reeceived the email to submit the supporting documents.
I sent the documents via email a month ago, after that there is no reply yet.
I contacted helpdesk twice but they replied that when the decision for expedite request is made then I will be notified.
It`s been a month since I submitted the documents.
Can you plase suggest.
Thank you,
Regards,
MK