Validity of ACS Assessment report

Hi @Saby_H

You can claim points for whatever work experience has already been assessed as ‘relevant’ by ACS.
If you change job, you need a new assessment for new period of employment.

1 Like

Okay but if I am not claiming points for the new job then I don’t need reassessment I hope.

Hi @Saby_H

Yes, that’s correct.

1 Like

Great! I have more clarity now. Thanks a ton! :slight_smile:

Hi Anil,

I have a tricky situation. Question is regarding entering the new Job detail in EOI and assessment for the same. I have changed my Job after ACS assessment and already have maximum points (15) for experience as I got 8+ years in assessment.

I did my ACS skill assessment and got a positive outcome in Feb 2019. It stated that I met the skilled date after month Feb 2011 ( my actual experience started from DEC 2008, ACS deducted 2 years).

I was working in the same organization till last month (Aug 1st week, 2019). So I believe I am comfortable in claiming 15 points as I am well above the 8 years mark and this will be true till 2021 Feb even I don’t do any new assessment. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Now I joined a new organization in August end, I am working mostly in same area. But ideally I don’t need this experience to be counted unless I am going for a new one in 2021 Feb once the current one expires.

I have added my new Job in EOI but my question is , what do I select for the question " Is this Job relate to the nominated occupation" - I have currently given “YES” as this Job requires same skills, although I don’t need points for this. At the same time I don’t have Assessment for this period.

Please suggest what I should do in this situation. And is their any chance of CO asking for Assessment for this period if I get a invite.

Thanks !

Hi @pbaus2020

I suggest to NOT mention the experience in EOI for the new company as you do not have assessment for it.

1 Like

Hi Anil, Thanks for the response.

But I have to end date the prior Job as I can’t leave the end date blank anymore right ? So not entering the new Job will mean I am not working any more.

Should I enter it and mark it as not closely related to the nominated occupation(As I dont need this experience and dont have assessment). Does this have a negative impact for getting invite ?

Thanks

Hi @pbaus2020

You can mark it as ‘non-relevant’ if that option is available in EOI.

Hi Anil,

My ACS validity was only till June 2019.
My experience will be 8 years in Jan 2020 and my age will be 33 in Mar 2020. I am still at the same job and might leave it in February 2020. Can you please suggest what need to be done for acs. Do I have to do do the whole procedure of ACS again? Please let me know what all has to be done?

Thanks and regards
Ruchi

Hi @ruchi_langa

You have to do the whole process of ACS again.

Hello anil,

I have done my acs skill assessment in Dec 2017 and by now it has been expired, however i applied my EOI in June 19 and still not got the invitation. I am still working on the last company mentioned in ACS assesment . Do I need to apply for new ACS as this month my earlier assesment got expired or it will be considered valid in EOI till I start new job.

Regards,
Mihir

Hi @Mihirlak

You need to get a new ACS assessment.

1 Like

Thanks Anil for your prompt response.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: EOI with positive assessment but currently jobless in India

Hi Anil,

As per many company policy, they will provide the letterhead one time only even though if designation is changed in future… In that case, how can I get the letterhead with new designation? or
Usually, we receive a official confirmation letter for the same if we get promotion or designation change, shall we include them when submitting documents to DIBP…??

Hi @ram_cloud

How to get the letter from your company is your problem. I cannot really tell the process for each company.

What i know works with ACS assessment is that you can get the letter with current designation irrespective of past designations. Do not declare that you ever had any other designation on the letter.

Hi @Anil,

I have got the letterhead 6 months before as “senior executive engineer” and I have done the skill assessment, now my designation is changed to senior consultant. My company is stating that they already have given the letterhead to me and also they provided my promotion letter for my new designation, hence they cannot provide another letterhead with my new designation.

As I have an official confirmation letter which states my new designation, shall I include them when submitting documents to DIBP…?? or new Letterhead with the new designation is required ?

I think i have already clearly answered. It is your choice if you want to submit the new designation letter now.

Do it at your risk.

Hi @Anil.Gupta

So if the person is not claiming any points like in the case of @Saby_H or @pbaus2020 as they have already done ACS, and received 10 points for 5 year’s and 15 points for 8 years.

And for job change , we can mention that it is not linked or non relevant to the occupation in ACS.

And if we need to claim new job experience, ACS is required.

But tell me, if we even do ACS for the new job, will that help in anyway ?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Work Experience Calculation after ACS Assessment