Vfs - last name 13 character limit

I am trying to create my passport renunciation application on VFS global website. I am trying to add/create customer for submitting the application.

My last name(surname) as per passport is 16 charaters long. When I enter that and click submit, it gives an error message saying that max allowed characters for last name is 13.

How can i get around this? I have to enter my credentials as per the passport and not shorten it which will result in a mismatch between application and my passport. Anyone had this issue and how did you get around it???
Thanks!!!

I am in the same situation. Any suggestions on how to get around it?

Just heard back from vfs on my email query.

This response below is similar to another thread here from 2023. Seems like vfs doesn’t want to fix it. Oh well!!! :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Thank you for contacting the VFS Global Indian Visa, Passport & OCI Application Center Help Desk in the United States.

Please be informed that while completing the registration of renunciation application on the VFS website, you are required to provide the details as per the US passport, wherein it is specifically asking for Indian passport details, there you are required to mention Indian passport details.

Also, if you are not able to enter your full name while registering on the VFS website, then you may mention the name as less than 13 characters and you may write a cover letter stating the scenario, why you have entered the short-name, and mentioned that this is a technical issue on the VFS website.

Please note that you may include a cover letter while submitting the application and documents to the VFS Application Center.