Visa Approved, Form 221g Admin Processing Questions & Answers

Hi @Anil.Gupta

I am healthcare professional MD- My H1 was premium processed and I got an emergency appointment approved with the consulate.
Interview Date: 4 June
I was issued a green 221g slip. No documents were asked from me and the VO took my passport and the slip said “Your application needs additional administrative processing. This office will contact you via email.” My training program starts on 1st July. How long do such cases take?

Hi Anil,

Finally after 61 days (on June 13) I got an email from Embassy saying that they need some information regarding the Encounter I had in 2013 with CBP. I have provided the response with Information on Saturday. How soon can I expect any response from Embassy?.

Hi @thatguy7

Congratulations. Do share the website with your friends if you think it helped.

Hi @rpatel

Cases for admin processing without any additional documents to submit are taking between 14 to 30 days at this time.

Hi @Harish779

What is this encounter about?

Hi Anil,
It was about some fine I paid in 2013 for not mentioning food items clearly.

Hi @Harish779

This is really new. I have not heard of any such scenario before where US embassy is asking for such encounters while approving visa.

Not declaring food items is considered a petty thing. Are you sure it was only about food items?

These kind of cases may take more than 30 days at this time as US embassy will send this request to CBP for verification.

Hi Anil,

I think they doesn’t know why I paid the fine, So I was thinking they want to confirm what was the fine paid for?.

Hi @Harish779

It is possible that they are just doing the regular inquiry but this is something I have not heard of before.
If it was just about food items and you were allowed to enter US after paying fine, you should be fine and no need to worry.

Hi Anil,

It was definitely about food Items and I was allowed Immediately after paying the fine. So should I wait for another 30 days to expect something from Embassy?.

Sure @Anil.Gupta will do that!

Hi @Harish779

There is no other option for you than to wait at this time. It can take any number of days. 30 days is the average time that I have shared.

Thank you @Anil.Gupta. Also, is it a hard and fast rule to reach out to the consulate only after 60 working days of processing?

Hi @rpatel

There is no hard and fast rule here. But, if you reach them before 60 days, you will get the standard response that you need to wait.

Hi @Harish779
Did you mention this encounter in DS-160 form ? There is a question asking about any type of offenses I believe @Anil.Gupta

Hi @pkovel6

I don’t think that food item fine at port of entry is considered an offence that should be mentioned on DS160.

I am not sure though after hearing the above case.
Never heard of it before.

Hi @pkovel6,
I didn’t know that was an offense so I haven’t mentioned that in the DS-160 form.

1 Like

Thank you @Anil.Gupta I got my visa issued. I asked my lawyer to contact the consulate.

1 Like

Hi @rpatel

Congratulations. Welcome back to America.

Hi @Harish779, So is your issue finally resolved now ?