What is H4 EAD renewal processing time after biometrics

Hi Anil,

With the new biometrics rule introduced for those who are renewing H4 EAD visa what is the wait time?

I hear there has been delay in the processing time but will it exceed 6 months?

Since we can only apply for renewal 180 days before expiry. Just wanted to know since many are worried if they will have a lapse in their job or will have to quit and re-join?

The processing times are affected but i do not think it will cross 180 days or 6 months at this time.

I am tracking the H4 and h4 EAd approval after biometrics here and no one has reported an approval yet.

Yes, but I see that the processing times are close to 3 months now. What happens to people who have their EADs expiring in two months/one month. That is going to make things complicated isn’t it?

Unfortunately, if the H4 EAD expires, you are not allowed to work until your renewal has been approved.

The thing is that nobody can question USCIS and that’s how things are at this time.

Hi Anil,
My husband’s company applied for his H1B extension in premium processing along with my H4 and H4 EAD extension at the Nebraska Service Center.
His H1B extension was approved on 04/30/2019.
I completed the biometric screening on May 14th, 2019.
Both H4 and H4 EAD request are in the case received status as of today.
I am employed and my existing EAD expires on September 8, 2019.
We heard that with the new biometric process H4 and H4 EAD extension may take around 6-12 months.
My husband’s company’s law firm is asking us to be patient and wait for USCIS to process the case as there is still time before my EAD expires.
In your opinion till when should we wait before we start looking into options to expedite the case, and what do those options look like?

Hi @SnehaH4EAD

At this time, we only know that H4 EAD after biometrics is taking 2+ months for approval.

You can file for EAD expedite request but chances are really low that it will be approved.

My H1 was applied in premium processing along with H4 for my family. My H1B got approved in May 2019. I am still waiting for H4 processing. Is there any way we can find out the status of H4 applications. My wife license is expired and when she went to DMV they could not find her lawful presence in USA. I was on F1 and my family was on F2.

Thank you,

Hi @Ahmed_Jawwad

H4 processing is taking 3 to 5 months after biometrics based on which center it is.

Hi Anil,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. The center is Vermout. Biometric was done in last week of april.

Thank you,

Ahmed Jawwad

Hi Anil,
I have the following updates on my case:
Case expedite request raised via phone call on 08/01/2019 (reason: financial loss)
On 08/07/2019 H4 EAD request status updated to Expedite Request Denied (I was not contacted for any proof of financial loss)
On 08/24/2019 H4 request status updated to Finger Print Review was Completed
Raised second expedite request via phone call on 09/09/2019 (reason: financial loss, job loss, and notifying that 5 month processing time about to end. I would have completed 5 months on 09/24/2019)
Received an email notification on 09/12/2019 letting me know the following status:
“The expediting of a case allows it to be sent quickly to a case officer for adjudication. However, your case is currently under review by an officer. We have notified the officer reviewing your case of your expedite request, however it is their discretion to grant the expedite. Please contact us again if you do not receive the document or other correspondence within the 30 day timeframe.”
Early on 09/13/2019 case status for H4 EAD updated to New Card is Being Produced
Later in the day on 09/13/2019 case status for both H4 EAD and H4 updated to Case Was Approved.
I am hoping I will receive my EAD card and H4 approval soon.

1 Like

Hi Anil,
I’m updating my case to help others. I received my EAD card 2 days before (09/10/2019). Key dates below.

06/21/2019 - Applied H1, H4 and H4EAD in premium (Vermont)
06/24/2019 - Receipts received
06/26/2019 - H1B Approved
07/12/2019 - Fingerprinting completed
09/06/2019 - H4, H4 EAD approved
09/11/2019 - EAD Card received (almost 2 months after fingerprinting)

Good luck everyone.
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks @SnehaH4EAD and @MyEADStory for sharing your case details.

I will share it with our whatsApp group members so that they can also get the idea about processing time.

Hi my h4 and h4 ead were filed June 17th and June 20 respectively with h1b in regular. Later h1b was upgraded to premium and approved on July 29.

I called USCIS and learnt finger print was completed on 23 Aug. On Sept 10, I sent supporting evidences to USCIS to raise expedite and they denied.

I raised another expedite on October 8th by calling USCIS and got the following response:

On 10/08/2019, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-765 to notify us that you were requesting an expedited review of your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

We regret to inform you that we cannot grant your request for expedited processing of your I-765 at this time.

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

Appreciate any inputs on this matter. Do you think they have made a decision or reviewing my case?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Maniish_Iyer

This email only means that your case is currently under processing. The “45 day” in the email does not mean anything. It is a general message that they send to everyone.

It does not necessarily mean that you case has been approved.

Thanks Anil
So I guess they are reviewing my case. I understand it’s not approved

Hi Anil… my H4 Ead received date at Nebraska service center was June 7th. Any idea on when Can I expect the approval.

Hi @Veldi

As per current Nebraska processing time for H4 EAD, you can expect your EAD by Nov 2019 first week end.

Hi Sir,
I see June 2nd week ead applications are getting approved but mine which is on june 7 is not approved yet.
I just noticed that my receipt number had series LIN199050**** but most of the other applications are having LIN1919*** or LIN1920*** series. Does it make any processing time difference?

Your application can be approved anytime now. Don’t worry. You are very close.

Thank you so much for your response Anil.:pray: