EAD approval time after expedite request approved by USCIS

Hi Rik,

Same here no update after my expedite got approved on 04/22 .

I did call them last week to check and the Tier 1 support said she is seeing in the system its been assigned to an officer .

So when you say submitted an inquiry , is it an Service Request ?

I have now chatted with almost 5-6 folks who got expedite approved in the month of April but no update on their requests .

Keeping Fingers crossed .

Regards,
Priya

1 Like

Hi Priya,
Thanks for your response.
It’s the same old referral number T1F1xxxx* with a * as suffix and says assigned to an officer.
The other folks you spoke with raised request after a month wait ?
Hope for the best!

Hi Rik ,
Any news on your approval . They had raised a service request .

Today I reached out to Congressman office and to check if they can follow up regarding the delay about the expedited processing .

Lets see if it will work .

Regards,
Priya

Our application was filed at California Service center on Jan 15 2020. Received H1B approval in 2 weeks since it was filed under PP. For H4 EAD I raised expedite request to USCIS and reached out to congress woman office on May 15th. Expedite request got denied from both USCIS and congress office since it did not support emergent criteria. (no medical emergency)
I re-submitted extra documents from my employer citing financial loss with evidence to congress woman office and also reached out to Senator for help in the next 2 days. I received approval yesterday 05/26 and new card is being produced. Awaiting for new card now.
Congress women office and Senator definitely helped push the case.

1 Like

Filed for H1B and H4EAD concurrently on 3rd March 2020
H1B approved under PP within 2 weeks.
Expedite approved for H4EAD on 05/06/2020.
No movement since then. Texas Service Center

Thank you for sharing your experience .
I have reached out to Congressmen office and they helped me send an email and a letter to USICS on why expedite approval processing is taking so long last week .In next 3 days I will complete the 45 days of expedite processing approval and yet no update post my expedite approval .
Do you think once 45 days is completed I should reach out to Senators office as well ?

Regards,
Priya

Hi Priya, I’m not sure about the 45 days rule. But I reached out to my congress women and both Senators at the same time. So, when I received the approval, I don’t know which source helped with my case but it happened. You don’t have to wait, just reach out to the senator too.

Best,
Uma

Hi Priya,
No update yet on my H4 EAD case. It’s been 38 days after expedite request approved.
Thanks,
Rik.

I assume ONLY Texas center is not processing even expedite requests.
Or does ii happening to California center as well.

Thanks,
Rik

Hi Rik ,

Even i thought California is better than Texas but in my case still waiting and tomorrow is the 45th day and no update after expedite approval . Took help from Congressman and senators lets see if it helps .

Regards,
Priya .

33 days since H4EAD expedite is approved. No movement since then. Texas service center.
@PriEAD Any update on your case.

I’m sure something is wrong at Texas service center.

Hi ,

Nope no update on approval ,
senators and congressman followed and they were given a 30 day timeline .
I reached out after the promised 45 day timeline by USICS and they raised a General Inquiry service request on the case which is reflected in my detailed case details .

Just praying to get atleast within the new 30 day timeline set by them :frowning: .

Fingers crossed .

I know Texas and Vermont are slower compared to Cali and Nebraska .

In the past for My L2 EAD and renewal Cali was pretty prompt I got my new L2 EAD in 75 days and renewal in less than 2 months :frowning: but H4 EAD even after expedite approval seems like it will cross those timelines .

Good luck .

Regards,
Priya

We have filled the H1+H4+H4 EAD in premium processing and H1B got approved. My H4 EAD got expried in May 15th.
I have requested for expedite process on May13 and submitted the necesary documents. Finally expedite request got approved on 14th May.
Yesterday my H4 got approved but not H4 EAD. How much time will take to get the H4 EAD approval after H4 approved.

Thanks,
Ramu.

Hi @vsr

Please read above. Your question has already been answered.

Hi Ram,
May I know which service center you filed your extension. Thanks.

Hi Priya,
Any positive news on your EAD approval. Mine is still not approved.
Thanks

Texas service center

Hi Rik ,

Yes mine got approved last Friday . Still to receive the card hopefully in a week .

I can for sure say my Senator follow up post expedite timeline lapse helped me .

So 45 days had expired and my Senators office send 2 strong follow ups .
Really grateful to them .

Regards,
Priya

Congratulations Priya on your approval. I am still awaiting for my extension approval.
Can you remind me your expedite approval date and filing date.
My expedite approval date is 4/27/2020!

Thanks.

Hi Rik ,

My expedite was approved on 22nd April 2020 .
I raised a service request by calling USICS after my 45 days were completed as per the information in email also took help of senators to follow up on the case .

Regards,
Priya