Issues with Indian Passport renewal via VFS Global

I am trying to get the Status of My passport but no luck? How much time it took to show the status online ? Does it show now as well ?

yes that should be fine I did the same. Still in process

Thanks, Did you notarize the Self-Sworn Affidavit as well? Even Iā€™m planning to send Self-Sworn Affidavit.

The address is given here

https://www.cgisf.gov.in/page/passport-related-services/

1 Like

After so many retries of web page freeze, I am able to get the Fedex VFS shipping option and downloaded the shipping label. When it was freezing or loading indefinitely, I tried stop loading the page and reload the page. It worked multiple times and few times I had to kill the tab and start from retrieve incomplete application.

I decided to go with VFS Fedex shipping option after seeing below.

Ref: Renew Indian Passport in USA (VFS Process, Documents & Affidavits) - USA

We recommend VFSā€™s shipping option. They use FedEx and the cost is $30 for two way shipping.

If you decide to use your own courier service, do not forget to send a pre-paid envelope for return shipping.

USPS prepaid labels have an expiry date and hence are not accepted by VFS.
You can use UPS but the prepaid label with UPS Store address is not acceptable.

Can the labels be printed on a regular paper? Does the return label need to be pasted on to the return envelope?

Hello, Iā€™m also facing the same Issue.

Did it got Resolved, I got stuck in Create New Application Passport screen.

I filled all the information and clicked Proceed but no response.

Please let me know if any one got this Issue resolved.

1 Like

Hi,

Does anyone know if the address mentioned in the courier service while opting for vfs global shipping and the address for which the supporting documentation is provided as part of the application, need to be the same?
I am originally from California (applying with SF Consulate) but staying in Raleigh right now. Can I have the new passport shipped here instead/

Hi devyani11, I have the same issue - when I try add customer and click submit, it says ā€˜passport number does not allow alpha characters.ā€™ I sent VFS a message today, and they have no contact numbers. Any ideas?

same issue. I have been trying it since 2 days. Tried IE, chrome and Firefox browsers.

Yes, the addresses are the same for the supporting documents too. You can have the passport shipped anywhere as per the jurisdiction of the consulate.

I am also in the same boat.
11/12 - Documents shipped to NY VFS ICAC through Fedex
11/13 - Package received at VFS
Till now have not received any acknowledgement email/ SMS from VFS
Also unable to track the application through the VFS site. Always showing ā€˜invalid inputsā€™

VFS global is totally unresponsive and consulate keeps saying they havenā€™t received yet. Not sure how do we make sure our application is received and is in queue? how long we should wait? It seems we sent our passport/application in a black hole and there is no way of knowing what is happening to it?

I totally second your concern.
The biggest worry is that we have shipped our original passport along with all the visa stamps.
Please let me know once you have any update from VFS

I got the confirmation email from VFS after 1 day. check your fedex tracking number. your package has been delivered or not. No way to check the status on VFS but at least you can check the status on https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in

Fedex shows it was delivered but never got email from VFS global. Also consulate says they havenā€™t received application from VFS. So not sure if VFS has received it? Portal shows standard status ā€œForms submittedā€.

11/11 -> package was delivered by fedex.

email status updates from VFS:

11/12 -> We have ā€˜Receivedā€™ your Application and your Application is now ā€˜Under Processā€™ at ICAC in Consulate General of India, SFO.

11/13 -> Your Application has been ā€˜Processedā€™ at the ICAC and ā€˜In Transitcā€™ to the Embassy for decision making.

i am waiting for the next status.

My package was delivered on 11/12. Since then no updated from anywhere. Difference between yours and mine is, your is SFO center and mine is NYC.

Anyone here who sent her/his application to NYC VFS global office on or after 11/11 and have received confirmation from VFS?

Did you apply under normal processing or tatkal?

1 Like

normal processing only

Did you apply at NYC center?