Issues with Indian Passport renewal via VFS Global

Yes at NYC center only

Is there an option we can walk to VFS global office and inquire about?

I tweeted copying MEA and all other VFS handles. Letā€™s see

Okayā€¦ I am seriously thinking of going to their office on Thursday morning if I do not receive email by tomorrow evening. I feel filling their contact form is waste and we will never get answer.

I already filled their complaint form thrice and also sent at least 4 emails. No response!

Hey Anirban, by any chance do you have idea, if the income tax return proof in checklist is the W2 form? Thanks!

Not sure Nidhi.
See if you get any clue from the VFS checklist.

yes you need to Self-Sworn Affidavi is there in checklist

what error you are facingā€¦ one thing you can try is , click on activate link which you received in to your inbox while profile setting up, that will reset the profile and try again.
let me know what error exactly you are getting and what step

Iā€™m having the same issue as well. Shipped my application under standard renewal to NYC Center on 11/9. According to Fedex, it was delivered on 11/10 and VFS acknowledged that they received it and are processing on 11/11. Nothing since then!

Reading posts above and talking to a friend who is doing the same thing in SF on same dates (his application is already at embassy after sending missing documentation), I think NYC VFS center is handling things rather poorly.

Let us know if you do end up going to their office.

Iā€™m applying for my 5 year old kid and I didnā€™t find it in the minor column of checklist but I see that for Adults so little confused.

Carefully follow the steps given. I was able to generate print label after many frustrating Invalid session issue.

https://forum.am22tech.com/t/renew-indian-passport-in-usa-ckgs-questions-answers/1075/201

Did they accept on Notary document for all?

Copied from one post in the same page.

Hi - Donā€™t fill it with false information but at the same time you are able to proceed and print the courier labels.

1.Edit the Customer Add form to split your names between First Name, Last Name and Middle name all having just as 1 word (this is just temporary).
For Example: As per our Indian passport naming convention((illustrated just for an example).
Given Name: Ramesh Kumar
Sur Name: Mani Kandan
In this case, remove the space between ā€˜Rameshā€™ and ā€˜Kumarā€™ (make it as ā€˜RameshKumarā€™) and similarly remove the space between the Sur name ā€˜Maniā€™ and ā€˜Kandanā€™ (make it as Manikandan) and proceed with this.

2.Proceed to print courier labels (as @Ishani_Doshi has suggested) - validate address and submit.
3.Go ā€˜backā€™ to Edit Customer and fix the names to show up as it is in the passport. For example: Update the names as like below(illustrated just for an example)
Given Name: Ramesh Kumar (as you need in passport, space between Ramesh and Kumar)
Sur Name: Mani Kandan (as you need in passport, space between Kumar and Kandan)
4.You will need to re-process your courier label form, but this time it will proceed further without issues (at least it did for me).
NOTE: It worked for me, may be you can give a try. Please ensure to check before submitting you are having the name updated as per your passport requirements.

Iā€™ve submitted passport renewal application from indian govt passport site. After that for the 3rd Step i.e for shipping details n paying fees, I need to create the profile of VFS global site under Passport(Big Blue box)ā€¦but after filling all the details on that profile creation page On VFS page, there is Proceed button. But that button is not workingā€¦so I stuck up on the same page onlyā€¦

Good that you have received confirmation email at least. I havenā€™t received that yet. So getting anxious. First I am trying to get information if they entertain office visits.

I have same issueā€¦ I sent it on 11/11, reached there on 11/12, but havent received any notification yet.

This worked, thanks a lot

Based on several emails, queries i had back & forth with VFS:

It seems to me that any update that is coming from VFS Global donotreply@vfsglobal.com is most accurate & latest.

If any email coming from info.ihcusa@vfshelpline.com are way behind & not current (these backend support folks seems operating from offshore & way behind in catching up emails)

I have applied for tatkal at SFO center & i see the status as ā€œPrint has been initiated for passportā€

Almost every day i had to look for updates from VFS but finally i see above